Akashima's Aiko Needs a Nice Retirement Home!

Aiko

Aiko is a very pretty 6 and a half year old Shikoku female who is looking for a nice retirement home.

You can find the details on the Akashima webite at:

http://www.akashima.bc.ca

Choose Shikoku, Our Dogs, and Scroll to the bottom.

This is an excellent opportunity to become involved with the breed.

Comments

• Looks like Aiko and Sachi are looking for retirement homes.
  • @jujee - I think Katja has someone lined up for Sachi
  • Aiko is gorgeous. I've had the pleasure of meeting her and Katja in person.
  • That's Loa's mommy.
  • Is she a kennel dog, or has she had indoor experience? Just asking because kennel dogs can be a bit of a challenge especially for a person new to dogs if they haven't had much "inside time" or socializing, regardless of how beautiful the dog is.
  • edited March 2012
    I emailed Katja a few days ago trying to get more information about Aiko's temperament and personality. I am 75% sure I will visit Katja during the summer and she told me about Aiko.

My 12 year old Akita will be living with me and I would like to know if Aiko will fit in our household.
  • @lindsayt - Katja whelps all of her litters indoors. I have visited Akashima several times and have seen Aiko in the house twice. To my knowledge she is house broken, no accidents on any of my visits, and in my experience, she is quite well mannered. If you send Katja an email I am sure she could provide more information.

@Zinja - If your Akita is a male I am sure it would be fine. Aiko is more outgoing with women than men, atleast initially, but an hour or so into my first visit she decided I was okay.
  • edited March 2012
    Fate's mum too :) Hope she finds a good home!

Fate looks like a clone of his momma, IMHO. ~
  • Gorgeous dog!

Wish it was a good time for me to look at dogs, haha...
  • How old is Aiko anyhow?
  • 6.5 yrs old.
  • Katja told me 7 years.. maybe she rounded up.

BTW: do dogs have a connection with their mothers? For example, would Aiko be able to pick out Fate from a pack of other dogs?
  • BTW: do dogs have a connection with their mothers? For example, would Aiko be able to pick out Fate from a pack of other dogs?
    >> No.
  • @ttddinh / @Zinja - Aiko's birthday is listed as Oct. 23, 2005 so she will turn seven later this year.