Super pooper to Super dog...

edited March 2012 in Kai Ken (甲斐犬)
After a random in-house pooping spree yesterday, spanning two rooms one carpet and four hours, Ciqala found a way to redeem herself this morning. Enjoy:

So, on our morning walk, we run into a little Teacup Yorkie. Scared and all shaky. At first Ciqala wanted to put his head in her mouth... not too sure what that was about since there was no barking, aggression, or teeth showing- kinda like a chew toy. So I tie down Ciqala and Saru to pick up this dog before it runs out into the street, but I guess it got freaked out and fled while my back was turned. I go back to get the dogs, thinking "oh well." But Ciqala looks at me as if to say "I got this." so I indulge her curiosity with a "Go get 'em!". To my surprise, she tracked him perfectly! Nose to the ground, stopping every 10 ft or so to look around... the whole 9. Right to a door in another building. He was no where in sight so she started whining a little and then gave up. I felt a little bad for her because she was so determined. A while later, a guy came out to the parking lot where I was- he happened to be the owner and he said he found the dog outside of the door I mentioned and took him in. So she had him pegged all along! I was pretty impressed. Didn't know she had it in her and I definitely didn't teach that one. She never ceases to amaze me. How do I develop this skill?

Comments

• Heh, fun story.
    I'd find a good nosework class and get her into one if you want to refine her tracking skills.
  • My AA, Sachi puts her best friend Luna (a Shiba)'s head in her mouth EVERY time they hang out. Usually once or twice a week. Luna let's her, and then screams at her, and then the playing is on. It definitely isn't aggression, but it is funny.