Dragoon [ DUW! ] ~

edited February 2012 in Kishu Ken (紀州犬)
Kishin & Kirin's sister, Dragoon. :) [ aka Yamame ]

First set of photos is on the patio, second set is outside. I believe they're 11weeks old now. ~

Comments

• Wow, nice pictures! This pup is super cute, I love the big ears!
  • I love the name Dragoon why did you name her that? Just curious. hehe
  • Thanks!

@Saya - We had a long list of names that came from here & there. My dad was the one who suggested Dragoon, [ he remembered it's a part of the title from my favourite game as a kid ] so we added it to the list. Ultimately, she needed a strong name, as she's a very brave, head-strong, sort of puppy.

I named the last pup, Fate, so Bri chose a name he liked from the list. He ended up picking Dragoon. ;)

"noun
    1. (especially formerly) a European cavalryman of a heavily armed troop.
    2. a member of a military unit formerly composed of such cavalrymen, as in the British army.
    3. (formerly) a mounted infantryman armed with a short musket." ~
  • edited February 2012
    This is what I think of when I hear her name, lol:

• Still the best game of all time. hahaha ~
  • I got that game pretty fun. :)

I know this has dragoon and final fantasy has one of their job classes as dragoon..
  • I loved LoD! Such a great game. By the way, great name and super cute pup. It seems she is getting along really well with the other two!
  • She's sooo cute!

On a side note...I feel like a total idiot now. When I bought my Final fantasy VII copy, i got LoD and some other game, and ended up selling that one! I'm thinking I should have kept it now...lol
  • So cute! Great to see the pics!
  • Awesome photos Osy! She is absolutely adorable.
  • edited February 2012
    Dragoon is a cute name! She looks so darling.very sweet and different from Julie's kishu. She has an ethereal look to her :)
  • Great pics Osy!
  • Dragoon is super cute! I really like the second photo. And my (not so) inner video game nerd got so excited at her name. A++ for name choice, hahaha.
  • I love this forum. Earlier, discussion about Avatar: The Last Airbender, and now, Legend of Dragoon. :D

She's really cute, Osy.
  • She is such a cutie, and as always, awesome photos Osy! Can't get over her (or the rest of the litter's) big ears! They look like white sheperd pups with those ears! XD But the rest is clearly NK ofcourse.

Über cool name ;)
  • Congrats on the new pup Osy! She's gorgeous.
  • Thanks guys! We're still ridiculously grateful to Gen @shishiinu for letting us have her. She's an awesome pup & she fits in well here. :) ~
  • Dragoon looks really happy and lively- a real Osy dog! :) and it looks like the boys love her too. Best wishes with your new pupper!

I am kinda partial to Wraith pixtures- he must have a thread around here...? gonna go look him up...
  • @Wryly Brindle - Thanks Chrys! :) Beth linked to his & Fate's most recent thread. I know you love the brindles! haha ~
  • Any more current pics?
  • @Mike283 - I'm slacking in taking & editing photos since my main computer went down.

Beth posted some pics from when she visited us a couple of weeks ago tho: http://nihonken.org/forum/index.php?p=/discussion/7460/fun-in-the-sun/#Item_23 ~
  • @Sangmort - you have yet to post your pics of that visit :P
  • edited June 2012
    @sangmort those are great pics, what kind of camera are you using? How tall and heavy is Dragoon so far?
  • @Calia - I know. I fail. Been so busy :( [ it sucks ]

@Mike283 - No idea on height and weight. Last vet visit a couple of weeks ago she was around 23lbs. She's shorter than Fate whose about 19-20" at the withers tho. However, she's only 7 months old, and my pups are fed raw.

It won't help if you've never met one, and even I've only met a few, but physically she reminds me of a female kai, but wider. ~