Our Kishu Ken - Don Don

edited February 2012 in Kishu Ken (紀州犬)
Hi All,

Glad to join this forum. I've posted some pictures of our Kishu Ken - Don Don in the introduction page.

http://www.nihonken.org/forum/index.php?p=/discussion/7151/our-introduction-kishu-ken-owner/#Item_16

Here's are some more pictures of Don Don.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I look forward to sharing experience with fellow owners. :)

Comments

• He's a good looking dog. Did you get him from Carleen at Kishu kennel?
  • He is very handsome! I love Kishu, I hope to meet one and maybe own one some day.
  • Waw, I love the last pic.
  • I love the kishu, I hope to meet one someday... Don Don is really handsome and he seems to sweet with your daughter :) Good boy!
  • Nice pictures of him how is he pretty active walking partner. :)
  • Thanks all for the compliments.

shishiinu: We got Don Don from a family who moved here from Japan. They brought a pair of Kishu into the US with them when they were here.

Saya: Don Don loves going out and walk. I used to take him out walking twice a day, morning and evening. But now with work getting busier and a 2-year-old at home, our daily routine is now a 1 mile walk in the morning. And to make sure that he get the all the exercise in the 1-mile walk, he carries a backpack filled with 15lb of rice. I stared by filling the backpack with water bottles but that didn't work well as the bottles move around too much.
  • Wow that's awesome!
  • Nice Kishu! I have a question, is it pretty common for Kishu to have a pink/lighter color nose? Just curious.
  • Beautiful little girl & Gorgeous dog!! Welcome! :o)
  • Don Don is beautiful!!
  • yiasthoj,

Thanks. No, it is not common for the pink nose. The reason Don Don's has that is because he likes digging hole to hide his treat in our backyard. He keeps scraping the nose skin off when he uses his nose to push the dirt.
  • Thank you very much CarabooA and regrannel. :)