Eukanuba has Shikoku listed in their Breedopedia.

I was looking at Corina's updated listing of her dogs on her website (www.airreyalis.com) and noticed that Shoushuu was photographed for a Eukanuba photography book A-Z. Well, I went to the website to see if it was purchaseable and stumbled on their lil' flash-based Breedopedia.

There's some robust information there, right down to the Hongawa/Hata/Awa lines of Shikoku.

http://www.eukanuba.com/en-US/dog-breeds-details.jspx?breed=shikoku

Kai, Kishu and Ainu (Hokkaido) are represented as well! Akita and Shiba being there are essentially a given:P

Jesse

Comments

• That's a cool find!
  • Pretty neat. I seen hokkaido, kai ken, and shikoku on a dog breed book at the book store not sure on kishu..
  • Not sure if the Kishu ken would be the perfect fit for the family...
  • Gen, they seem like really busy dogs that definately need more activity than the average family would want to give!
  • Uggg. I find these generic breed descriptions to be misleading for any breed of dog. I know there's a desire among puppy shoppers to get a quick understanding of what a breed is like, but I think these 1 paragraph descriptions have gone too far to be useful.
  • edited February 2012
    Interesting. I went to look at the Shiba and noticed they called "mildly difficult to train." Ha! Also, why do they even have a category called "dominance"? Annoying. And combativeness, too, but that seemed a bit suitable for a Shiba! *lol*

They also have the Kai, as noted!
  • that is the oddest looking japanese akita i've come across... (the second image)
    maybe it just wasn't a good angle for the dog, but it just looks really weird to me...
  • I think both "Japanese" Akitas are tweenies. The second one is also just very poorly bred and maybe also out of coat - snipey head isn't proper in either breed.