Wraith & Fate Photos [ Warning...LOTS of pics ]

More then a few people have chastised me for not posting enough photos on here...especially the ones who aren't on FB lol So thought I'd overload you guys :p I had them out separately, so none of them playing together this time around.

Fate, Shikoku Ken male [ about 1 year & 4 months now ]

Wraith, Dutch Shepherd male [ about 20 months now ]

Hope you guys like! :) ~

Comments

• 'Bout time, Osy! Your boys look awesome as always :)
  • Nice pictures! Fate has a VERY sweet face. What camera are you using?
  • Wow, they are handsome!
    Dang, Fate has some stunning markings. He is one of the best looking Shikoku I have ever seen.
    But Wraith... Man, I just might need to get me one of them Dutchies. He is oh so very nice looking. As much as I love the Nihon Ken, there's just something about dogs of his build that really strike me.

And yes, I would also like to know camera details. After the assisted suicide of my old digital, I am in the market for a new one.
  • edited January 2012
    Thanks guys! I think they're good-looking boys...but they're my babies, so I'm suppose to think that ;)

Hubby got me a Canon 60d for our last anniversary so these were shot with that body. [ it replaced a 450d, which I will be giving to my father lol ] Lens was the Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L IS, which while an AWESOME lens for Macro, SUCKS for photographing action of the dogs! Unfortunately for me, right before hubs got me the 60d, my favourite lens, & IMHO, the best for action, Canon 50mm f/1.4...broke! [ I dropped it :x ]

Really though, thanks guys. I was really not happy with these pics lol You would not believe how much time I spent post-processing!!! ~
  • They both look great! Has Dutch and Shikoku many differences? Because before I decided to get Kai I was also thinking getting long-haired Dutch.
  • Wraith says his stick is bigger than yours, Fate!

Your boys are very handsome!
  • Both Wraith and Fate look great!

I love Fate's lean build very nice. :)
  • Wow Osy they looks so awesome! I think that's the first Dutch Shepard I have ever seen.
  • You boys look great! I especially love wraith's brindle! I have never seen a dutchie before, he is really striking! So they come in two varieties, long and short haired?
  • Fate has some nice markings. Great photography as always, Osy!
  • Yeah - I agree with Brad that Fate's coloration is really striking, especially since it is a bit different from some of the other dark coated shikokus. I especially like his face and neck markings.

Osy -- you are really critical of your photos! I would have been thrilled with this group of photos! But then I only dabble in photography! ;o)
  • Your photos are fantastic! I would love your photo skills... maybe I should actually practice more with my new camera.

Both of your dogs are adorable.
  • Great photos, and what beautiful boys!
  • They are both stunning, Osy! Hopefully when I get down to FL this year I can make a detour up north to Orlando and visit you guys... And steal them both! HAHAHAHAHA! :-D
  • Thanks guys! For the compliments on the boys...& my bad photoskills lol

@MirkaM - Temperament wise...my boys are night & day. However, my shikoku is probably not the "typical" temperament for the breed so it's hard for me to compare lol I think a medium-drive Dutchie & a High-Drive Shikoku would be very similar.

@ttddinh - They actually come in three varieties ;) Long hair, short hair...& "curly" or "rough" coat: http://www.vandaliakennel.com/- New Folder/rough haired dutch.jpg

@brada1878 & @Edgewood - Yeah, his colours are weird huh? Lots of red in there...but lots of black too. His body looks more "brown" in person, but with random blots of red [ particularly on muzzle & ears ]

@sunyata - You're more then welcome to come visit anytime! :) ~
  • Both of your boys look amazing. :)

And your photography skills is awesome hehe
  • I don't think either one of them could ever take a bad photo! They are both really handsome. lol Wraith is really happy about that first photo.
  • i love the pics! your boys are looking stellar!
  • Thanks guys! :)

@tjbart17 - Sorry Tara, just saw this...yes, very excited. I actually hesitated posting his pic because of it! LOL But, it's hard to catch him NOT excited. He's a ridiculously happy boy. ~
  • As always great photos Osy, they are both so handsome! Love the color and markings on both of them.

You are too hard on yourself with regards to your pictures. I would be very happy with these! - Does that mean I am a hopeless amateur compared to you? LOL XD
  • Wraith...:)

My daughter says he looks like Reilly- but he's much lither than Reilly- fast and smooth and more streamlined. He's a handsome dog! I like his little white necktie- very dashing!
  • @Brego_mellon_nin - I am a total amateur!! :P The only real thing that saves my pics is I've been using photoshop since I was 12. If I showed you the pics before processing you guys would see my true crapiness! haha

@Wryly Brindle - I think that's why, of your pups, Reilly is my fav :P She reminds me a lot of my boy! haha ~
  • Noo stop criticizing yourself, your pics are very nice! :)
    I am really bad at photoshop (I only have elements, but still suck at it), so if I take crappy pics they stay crappy XD I need to take a course or something to learn...
  • Those are beautiful dogs and lovely photos.
    Thank you!
  • edited March 2012
    Your Shika is amazing !! I love it !!!
  • Gorgeous dogs, their faces are too sweet.
  • Wow you are blessed with some amazing looking pups! Fate's coat is absolutely beautiful, if I were to get a Shikoku I'd be doing my best to find one that looks like him :) Wraith is quite handsome too, I didn't even know Dutch Shepherds existed until this thread to be honest. Great photos too!
  • Thanks guys!

I should really take some new pics :x ~
  • Beautiful dogs! Thanks for sharing the pictures!
  • Your dogs look awesome! I would like to get a Shikoku that looks like yours where did you get where did you get him?