Why does he do this??!

edited March 2008 in General

So I always wondered if it was only my dog that did this. 

When we first got FurFace, he would ALWAYS sleep on the bed.  Sometimes I would wake up and he would be on top of my head or curled up on my neck.  He did this for a few months, then for the past couple of months he has been sleeping under the bed! He is so odd.  Something even more silly, if he does sleep on the bed, lol he always waits till I fall asleep to climb in the bed with me, he is so wierd.  So my question is...Is my dog just a wierdo, or is this normal? lol

Comments

• edited March 2008

My dog sleeps in the crate at night, but he does rotate where he sleeps while we are gone during the day, or at home.  During the day when we are gone,  he sleeps under the bed or on top by the pillows.  After I get home and we go on a walk, he sleeps on the foot of the bed when I make dinner.

If it seems "strange" it's probably normal for a Shiba.

• edited November -1

Lol...very true..I just always wonder why he does ,what he does. I will never figure him out Smile

• edited November -1
    Tojo sneaks in bed with me whenever Noah's not there.  In fact, if Noah gets up before me, Tojo immediately takes his place.  He even lays his head on the pillow just like a person would.  Do you think he's trying to usurp Noah?
  • edited November -1

Aww thats funny...I think that FurFace just doesnt like to be with his mommy :( lol..hes very rebellious...When I wake up and I see that he is sleeping with me, if he is awake he will stare at me for a few seconds, stretch and go straight for under the bed!

• edited November -1
    Keigo stays fairly still when he sleeps, but Mika does move around a bit. She'll sneak into our bed sometimes, or I'll find her on the floor, half on the floor/half on her bed. She likes to move.
  • edited November -1
    Niko starts under the bed and then ends up in her own dog bed on my side.  She loves going under the bed because no one else can go under it.
  • edited November -1

Piglet sleeps under the covers.

Moto hops on the bed, waits for me to get settled and then goes and sleep on the cushion at the end of the room. Then when Jay gets up in the morning he curls up on Jays pillow 

• edited November -1
    Portia always sleeps on the bed with us.  She not only HAS to be in the middle but she moves around like crazy.  She is such a heavy sleeper that even if you try to move her, she doesn't wake up.  So its like moving 35 lbs. of dead weight.  And she snores really loud sometimes, especially if she's sleeping on her back.  When we are getting ready for bed, Ninja lays down toward the bottom of the bed.  And we'll watch tv for a bit and then he'll get down and sleep under the bed.  Once John wakes up to go to work, he'll take Johns spot on the bed until I get up.