Is this a brindle Hokkaido?

This might be a video of a brindle Hokkaido. At least, I was using "北海道犬" as my search term on youtube, and wikipedia tells me that is Japanese for Hokkaido Inu/Ken. :) Is that right?

I apologize if I'm wrong.

Comments

• Haha love the subtitles!!! It looks like one to me. Is there such thing as a brindle Shiba?
  • That dog is GORGEOUS! And super cute too.
    I don't think Shibas are supposed to be brindle. If there was one, it would most likely be a mix somewhere in the line. Am I right there?
  • Regardless of what he is, he's adorable! ~
  • Maybe a brindle akita X shiba (weird) ?
    He is beautiful !!!!
  • edited January 2012
    Looks like one to me, that brindle pattern isn't uncommon on a ainu ken. I have some books where there is a dog with a black primary coat and white brindles. Really cool pattern.
  • I agree with Gen. Looks very Hokkaido-ish to me. And those vocalizations are consistent with those I've seen in other videos. The brindle is a bit more dilute than I've seen in pictures before, but I haven't seen enough to have a good sense of what they should look like.

Either way, it's a cute dog!
  • Looking at the poster's other videos, that is a Hokkaido. The brindle's don't show so well, so they are decreasing in number, and when people have fewer dogs they end up having to breed closely related brindles to each other to get more brindle. That seems to be the fastest way to lose quality hue in brindle NK coats.
  • Nice dog! Brindle is not in Shibas.
  • Augh! I love the vocalizations on the Hokka! That brindle is really nice. I like how far apart the stripes are, if I'm honest. Like a tiiiiger.
  • That dog is beautiful! Toki needs a brindle hokka!
  • I love the brindle on the Hokkaido. It's too bad to hear that their numbers are decreasing. @TheWalrus Is there any particular reason why brindles don't show as well?

@shishiinu Wow, a black base with white brindle? That would be awesome to see. I do have a fondness for black and white creatures (thanks to my border collie and a long-haired tuxedo cat I had when I was a kid). :)
  • Neat coloration I love it. :)