Favorite Toy?

edited March 2008 in General

I was just wondering what your pups favorite toy is?

Ninja and Portia LOOOVEEE SOCKS.  Anytime there is a sock, they will grab it and move it all over the house, play tug-o-war with it, put holes in it, strech it, etc.  There is always a sock lying around somewhere.  Always seems to be johns...Yell.   Portia also loves Toilet paper, she will tear it up into the smallest shreds.

*edit*

Also, I don't know if this is normal behavior...but anytime we come home, the pups always go find a toy to put in their mouth before greeting us.  They are all excited and are pacing back and forth with a toy in their mouth tail wagging like crazy.  Its kind of odd.

Comments

• edited November -1

That's so cute!!! They go to find the toy first??? I've always wanted a dog that goes on walks with a toy. It's so cute. Keigo LOVES squeaky toys. We get  the football tennis squeaker. The squeaker lasts longer.

Mika loves tennis balls. Is crazy over them.  

• RyuRyu
    edited November -1
    Ryu's favorite are the squeaky toys - he finds the closest one and squeaks like crazy if we're ignoring him. He also loves any kind of ball - rubber especially though :) The stuffed toys don't ever really last that long - i have a bin full of "dead" animals that I need to sew up :)
  • RyuRyu
    edited November -1
    Here is a recent video of Ryu's infamous "ball" fights  (sorry, the sound function on my camera is shot)

• edited November -1
    lol go ryu!!! so freaking adorable.
  • edited November -1

Lucy's favorite toy is whatever toy a doggie house guest is playing with. Otherwise, it changes from time to time. She started out really liking this half rope half stuffed toy with squeaker. Then she really liked a stuffed hot dog. Now she's back onto a half rope half stuffed toy we got at the Shiba Christmas party. I have to sew her stuffed toys every two or three play sessions too.

Oh yeah, I forgot she was really into a nylabone at one point. The type that actually looks like a bone with the blue rubber thing in the middle.

Pam: Ryu is having a blast with that ball huh? He must love that thing! 

• edited November -1

Nemo's favorite toy is any cow bone that I give him to chew on.

I did get him a "Bad Cuz" yesterday and he seems to enjoy it.  It squeaks louder than hell, but he only plays with it for about 5 minutes at a time.

• edited November -1

Romi:  Harlow does the same thing when we come home.  She rushes to her toy box and pulls out something.  She's woo wooing at us even though she has the toy in her mouth.  We have to play 'toss and fetch' the toy for 5 minutes before she settles down.

Ryu:  That video with Ryu and the big bad ball is hilarious!

Actually our Shibas' favorite toy is any brand new one that we bring home.  The enchantment with the toy lasts about 10 minutes and then it's just another ole toy in the toy box to be ignored! 

I almost forgot about the Buster Cube.  They love that but we have to restrain one dog while the other gets their turn.  It gets a little crazy and doggie tempers flair, so we don't do it very often.

• edited November -1

FurFace has, well I guess it is "had" a stuffed animal (a tiger) and he tore that thing apart.  He took out all the stuffing on the inside and tore its eyeballs out lol. It is more like a rag now but it is the only thing he likes to play with.  He also loves to hide it under the covers. 

• edited March 2008

My dogs will ingest anything  but rubber Kong type toys, so that's what all of their toys consist of that are left on the floor on a daily basis.  No squeakies or rope toys for them.  News' favorite toy is any super strong tug toy when we are at class, Kohji's fav is a cattle bone, and Taj LOVES socks too and she will also greet me at the door with any random toy or sock.  She has to grab it first and then zooms around the pool table making cute little Shiba noises with it in her mouth.  News does that too but he likes to body slam me and bulldoze anything in his path. 

• edited November -1
    Niko's fav toys are the holey rollers and some heavy duty rubber rings that she can tug with Sasha.  Sasha's fav toys are anything that Niko shoves in her mouth.  We RARELY have anything destructable.
  • edited November -1
    I forgot to mention, Lucy especially loves whatever toy Niko is playing with (and the other way around too). Smile
  • edited November -1

Tenji loves squeaky stuffed animal toys.  He will "kill" them (I replace the squeakers), tear the stuffing out and shake them vigorously.  When Sassy (cat) sees that she will hide under the bedSurprised

• edited November -1

Oh gosh, the squeaky toys!  We had to remove ALL SQUEAKY toys from our home.  It was just too hectic.  Squeaking all day and all night.  Just couldn't handle it anymore.

How interesting, so maybe this is a common dog thing (getting a toy and greeting).  Its so funny because they see you and then like a light bulb turns on and they go grab a toy and run back to us all excited like "LOOK WE BROUGHT YOU SOMETHING FOR COMING HOME!" 

• edited November -1
    very true dave!