Health question? bitch coming into season

Hi,

My female JA and I were out for a walk and i noticed she had some clear discharge coming from her vulva she is due to come into season and has started to swell but has had no blood discarge yet. She has an apointment in a week to get her booster injection where she will also have this checked. I was just wanting a big of advice as i am a bit worried and her apointment isnt for a week, when i looked this up online i felt there were so many possible diagnoses.

I am using my phone and can not leave comments so if they are needed i will update it here.

Thanks for all the advice and help it is very much appreciated !

This i her second time coming into season as she had her first quite young we did has some difficulties the first time round it lasted 4 weeks and was very heavy but the vet gave her some antibiotics and she went back to normal in a few days if she has problems again i will get her spayed.

Comments

• If she's due to come into season, that sounds like what's happening with her now. If you still have contact w/ her breeder, you might contact the breeder and find out how bitches in her line do with their season patterns. This might give you an idea what to expect from her.
  • Some discharge before heat is sometimes normal, especially the first heat. What you need to look out for is if the discharge has a sour milk like smell or if she is acting sick (lethargic, not eating or drinking)... If that is the case then get her to a vet right away.
  • thanks she doesn not seem unwell at all so hopefully all is fine
  • Thanks for all the advice she has been given the clear by the vet and is perfectly healthy im glad to say!!!!