Post potty freak-out

edited March 2008 in General

Ahi freaks out after she craps - likes runs around and spazzes out.

Does any one's dog do this too?

Comments

• edited March 2008
    Is it a happy run around or like she's afraid?  Sometimes our Shibas get all hyped up and kick their hind legs and do a little sprint.
  • edited November -1

Hahaha. Kinda....Lucy does the running man after she craps (and even after she pees sometimes too). From my understanding, the running man behavior is to dislodge scent to try to cover up the scent of their waste.

Also, you mentioned that Ahi has poop issues right? She holds it for days sometimes? Perhaps she's just overjoyed to not be carrying the load around anymore? 

• edited November -1

Yea, all ours do the marking thing too - but this is not that... this is like a super happy spazz out. Kinda like zoomies (Shiba 500) but shorter lasting and more hectic.

It's really odd... Loa does it to sometimes too - maybe its a Shikoku thing?

• RyuRyu
    edited March 2008

I always figured that Ryu felt so much lighter that he felt the need to run :-)

• edited November -1
    Piggy does sometimes. Like she is trying to flee the scene of the crime.
  • edited March 2008

My cat does it! When she comes taring out of the laundry room everyone wonders what is wrong with her....she just pooped!

Niko does a Kaia and poops in circles. 

• edited November -1
    Ninja poops, moves, poops, moves, poops, then runs inside.  Portia poops and then shakes and runs inside.  I noticed she's starting to move her head to her butt and looks at it while it comes out when it takes too long.  lol...I think Rachael said Niko does that too. weird dogs.
  • edited November -1

Jen told me Kona just did the freak out too! I guess it's not breed specific... Shiba do it, Shikoku do it, Kai do it... lol!

Maybe I will start doing it too! Wink (tmi)

• edited November -1

Brad...Keigo does that too. It's like he's so super relieved. I call it his Happy Dance.

Dave....Both my pups mark too.

Romi...I love that Portia turns to look!!! That's soooooo freakin' funny. Keigo takes FOREVER to pee. Soooooo long. When we walk, his first pee is always at least 1 minute long. Crazy. But he doesn't take a look, that would be bad, he's not very agile as it is. He'd end up on his back.

• edited November -1
    Nemo ALWAYS tries to run after taking a dump.  At the dog park he takes off like a rocket.  On leash, he always hits the end running and then tries to pull me away from it too.
  • edited November -1

Speaking of dog parks and pooping...why is it that they always go within the first two minutes of being at the park and they always pick the spot that is both the farthest from where you are and from where the bags are? You then have to go grab a bag and play "find the poo" (which I personally suck at). I usually give it two minutes and then give up. Sometimes, to make myself feel better, I'll pick up one or two land mines that are left behind from other people's dogs. 

• edited November -1
    LMAO. I can just picture you lookin' for poop. Too funny.
  • edited November -1
    Thank you Dave, very well put!  Thankfully when Chad and I go to the park he is on poo duty!  I can pick it up fresh!!!!!!!!!!!  I will VOMIT!
  • edited November -1
    Unfortunately, I have the stronger stomach. I get poop duty. However, I do remember one particular incident that nearly made me vomit (sorry, tmi).