Cadet Duck Treats

Has anyone heard anything about the Cadet Duck Treats? I know that chicken jerky treats are on recall...but I am wondering about the duck ones. Also, has anyone tried these treats? Do the dogs like them?

Comments

• I don't buy Cadet products because they are made in China. At least all the ones I have seen have been, and though the recall is for chicken you never know if it affects other products made in China. I don't buy stuff from China if I can avoid it.
  • I agree with Losech. No Chinese food for my NK . I just received a dehydrator today and am going to make my own treats from now on. In the long run I control the quality, ingredients and should be cost effective.
  • Ugh. I normally don't get treats from China either but there was a coupon for the cadet at costco and I didn't notice that it was made in China. Looks like I have return it. :(
  • Waggin train is really good. They are made right here in the united states and are pretty well inspected. My dogs are crazy about them, tala will do anything for one and I run out frequently because they are just nuts about them! I fully suggest them. The only thing better is what InuRyuu is doing by making their own.
  • I am not familiar with Cadet but we careful to read the small print on Waggin Train treats - it says "Operates US managed facilities" which does not necessarily mean they are made in the US. I know for example their Jerky Tenders clearly say "Made in China". I also have called the company and they confirm that these treats are made in China but as they are quick to add "under US supervision" which as far as I know could mean the Chinese plant has a US ex-pat working there.

Also on a related matter please note that the FDA just sent out yet another warning on November 18 this year (http://www.fda.gov/AnimalVeterinary/NewsEvents/CVMUpdates/ucm280586.htm) warning about chicken dog treats made in China. This in addition to the one which they sent out in 2008 and the one in 2009.