Talking

edited March 2008 in General

Here's Mika 'talking' a bit. She really gets talking when I get home. This is just a sample. Unfortunately, it's been rainy and we have such tall ceilings, the light doesn't pick up well on the camera. This is about 2m long.

BTW, I said she was 'stinky' because she was licking Keigo's butt. Ewwwwwww.

Barbara - Mika & Keigo (Akita Inus); Jewel and Brittney (Kitties)

Comments

• edited November -1
    I love the video.  My male shiba constantly grabs the little female by her hind legs, trying to get her to play.  Now I know it's perfectly normal and how 'they play'.
  • edited November -1
    That is so great - I love it when Akita talk. So cute! I love watching their tales when you were asking them if where the treats were. So cute!
  • edited November -1

Seriously, those wagging curled tails are awesome! Lucy's is absolutely still all the time. I have a friend with a Shiba who wags her curled tail a little, but not like that. Scarlet's Jodi also wags a ton...she gets so into it her whole body wags. Its adorable!

I'm also very impressed with them grabbing the treats out of the air. I've been able to teach Lucy to do a lot of things with treats, but when I toss them in her direction she closes her eyes and waits for them to bounce off her face before the picks them up off the floor. Weird. 

• edited November -1
    Barbara, your dogs are so cute!!! They seem really sweet. 
  • edited March 2008

Thanks all. They are super sweet! Mika is becoming one amazing dog. It was definitely tough for a while. She ALWAYS had super sweet moment, but her impish behavior was FAR from rare. And it made me mad at her, constantly. She just grew out of that adolescent stage and I just love her to death.

Keigo, he's the definition of sweetness. A totally amazing dog from the beginning. Always listens. Mika paw picked him and she was completely right!

Dave. Keigo's body get's going with the tail when he's super excited. It's funny and cute. I hope I can get it on video. Darn dogs, always stop what they're doing the moment the camera is running. How the heck do they know? My friend's dog HATES getting his picture taken! WHY? So crazy.

Mika knows all the basic commands and some advanced commands, but she really knows a ton of words. Look (animals on TV), Walk (shows me where the leashes are), Wanna go Out, Djaeet (Did you Eat) yet (she doesn't really of know this, I just really like her ears perking up), Treat, Thirsty (runs to the empty water dish and waits, tho she's only done it once), Belly Rub, Butt Rub and she's learning Talk.