Kai's height

edited November 2011 in Kai Ken (甲斐犬)
What is your Kais height at withers? I just measured Nuuk today and he seems to be 46cm heigh. I'm a little worried because we are going to dog show in two weeks and Nuuk sure isn't going to fit to the FCI standard. Well, I just have to keep my fingers crossed that the Japanese judge is also familiar with KKA standard and don't measure Ife nor Nuuk. But the Finnish judge... Well, I just have to hope the best.

Comments

• Is he fully grown at this point?
    I haven't really thought about height being an issue, which is silly really because my GSD is actually too tall to fit the standard. She is 62 cm at the withers and is only allowed to be 60. Only one judge ever measured her though... And he gave her a "Good" which is actually not really good in my opinion ;)
  • Koda fits the UKC standard at 54 cm and Mei is I believe around 45-47 cm.
  • @Brego_mellon_nin I think he is but I thinks he might grow little. Well, just have to hope the best :D.

@tjbart 17 Thanks for the info. From which parents he was?

I just today thought that I have to be the only one in this forum who is measuring own dogs :D. I don't care what judges say about my boy because for me he is a real nugget. And I want to breed my Kais who fit for the original breed standard not the FCI's one. I don't see any problems in this ( even if my breeding ethics may violate our kennel club's rules) because I want to preserve this breed, not change it to something what our main kennel club want it to be.
  • Kodas parents are Classy's Kuma and Classy's Jotei from Snowgloble Acres Kennel. Kodas father is his size. His mother is a little smaller than Mei. But Koda has a sister who is only 22 pds. o actually just posted that in the Shikoku thread. These Kais like to do their own thing.