Ciqala (Puppy pics)

edited November 2011 in Kai Ken (甲斐犬)
Ciqala is finally home! Big thank you to Yamabushi Kennels for allowing me partake in the Kai Ken experience. I can't believe how much she looks like Nio. She's very fearless and seems to have adjusted almost immediately. I know that's not possible, but She's that sure of herself. I can't wait to see her character develop more. I've posted some pics of her after she hijacked Saru's super rope toy.There's also some sleep-bonding time in there. The last pic you see, while it may seem like Saru is calm, is the face of dejection and evil genius planning-ness. He's definitely planning a way to get his rope back :)
***If anyone has any tips on feeding time pleas let me know. last night was a disaster, they wanted each other's food and kept trying to switch. Saru was running around in circles Ciqala was practically doing flips. it was NOT working.

For your viewing pleasure
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Comments

• Puppy time! That first picture is too precious. (All of them are!)
  • lovelovelove!
  • Very cute!
  • She is SUPER cute! All these lovely puppy pics are killing me. And congrats from new family member for the owners :).
  • Too cute!!

As far as feeding, you may want to feed them either in separate rooms or crated. That way they can't get at each others food or risk an argument
  • Aaaah! you got the CUTEST pup! She was my favorite.

I second what Calia said about separate rooms. I had to do that with my Shiba when I moved back in with Mom since he'd attack my other dogs.
  • Ciqala is used to eating in a crate, so that would be the easiest "fix." She would go right into her crate as soon as her food bowl appeared. :)
  • Congrats on the new puppy! Those pictures are adorable. :-)

I'll third the separation at feeding time. When I had just two dogs, I could feed them out at the same time, but it took WEEKS to get there. When introducing a new dog into the equation, it's best to use physical barriers until they establish a higher level of comfort with and respect for each other.
  • LoL, that is so like my Tikaani and Miyu, once i pull out food (even if it's not theirs) they go right into their crates. Funny thing is is that if I delay their meal for one reason or other, they'll start sitting in their crates and wait for me to feed them.
  • Thanks all, Yeah I think they're both just kinda still frazzled by all the changes, saru usually runs home when he sees food. I did separate rooms this last time and it was a lot smoother. Saru is fine as long as the amount of food looks or sounds about the same, if not he gets whiny smh. I'm not sure how he estimates it but he's a regular old canine accountant.
  • Aww! She is super cute! :) Congrats!
  • Ciqala looks very happy! I'm glad she is doing well with Saru, you'll get the feeding thing down. Ciqala was a super fun puppy here, I'm sure she will be a blast to watch grow! :o)
  • She is so gorgeous! Love those pics!

I feed my dogs separate, so I'm pretty much of the opinion that that is the easiest thing in general.
  • she is stunning. i feed in seperate rooms but then one of my akitas will resource guard if not left alone to eat.
  • Super cute! Congrats on the new addition! She was one of my favourites from the last round of Brad's pups :) ~
  • She is super adorable! :) Congrats on your new addition!

Wow, I think that's the first time I've seen @creativejen post ;)
  • Congratulations!! She is adorable.

lol I had to figure out who this @creativejen was and how did they know that ciqala was comfortable being fed in a crate. Duh! I got it now.
  • LOL ... I told Jen she would freak everyone out by posting.
  • I even made her a little icon and had her use my sig. to help clear it up. LOL
  • LOL I didn't even notice it wasn't Brad! I saw that the icon was gray instead of blue but I just thought that post was glitched or something.
  • what a cute pup, congrats!
  • Congrats! She's super cute! :D

Same thing happened to me lol I thought Brad's post was glitched or something.
  • edited November 2011
    She is super cute I like her name. :)

I hope things go well for your shiba and kai ken I'm sure as time goes on they'll be best buds.

What is Saru's breeder he looks interesting the last two pictures kinda reminded me of a singer coarse they're bit different in looks his pics in intro looks a bit different from a singer.
  • Thank you!

They're best of buds now. I'll post a video one of these days of them playing, its pretty funny actually- mostly Ciqala running full (puppy) speed at Saru and bouncing off of him.

@Saya- I got him when I lived in Las Vegas from a guy named Brock. I forgot the sire and Dam's name. I'm pretty sure they were Bruiser and Laura. Not 100% on that though. Dad was pretty solid and very red, mom was very gracile and had the same white chest pattern to a lesser degree.
  • Cuuute! Look at that little face! Have fun!
  • Oh my, I get puppy fever everytime I see pics like these... Huge congrats on your pup and good luck :D

Cannot wait till it's my turn! *sigh*
  • Already getting into mischief, I see -grins-. She is freakin' cute, cute, cute!
  • Ciqala is sooooo beautiful <3 <3 <3 <3 <3. She surely has grown since the picture. If you can post some new pics it would be awesome to see her little face :D
  • @ladynaoki - Sure thing. I'll try to post a vid. next time we go to the park