Anyone have a fence fighter?

edited October 2011 in Behavior & Training
Because Conker has turned that into his favorite pastime. Before he decided to pick up this stupid habit about two weeks ago, he was fine with the neighbor dogs coming up to the fence. They don't care about him one bit and come over when I'm out.

Something made Conker not like this, and now when they come to the fence and I don't stop him in time he will snark and try to bite them and that'll trigger a full blown fence fight between him and the other dog. Juneau has started to do it too, but only after Conker began.
He also jumps when he does this, and I don't like that since the fence in that section is only 4 feet tall, had no support on the top and can be pushed over quite far.
He will also get real riled up when the other neighbor dogs are out in their yard. He's never fence fought with them but when they are playing (or fighting...) Conker will go ballistic and bark nonstop and jump around like a kangaroo.
Thankfully this section of the fence is more secure.

He gets plenty of exercise and has lots to do. I take him on a 2 mile walk/jog every day, a 5 mile or more hike at least once a week, to the dog park about two times a week and play several games with him throughout the day. I don't see how this is not enough to keep him busy that he thinks he has to go starting crap with the neighbor's dogs.

Here's how my fences are set up:
Three of the fences around my yard are completely chain-link. One is partly wood, the rest is covered with black stuff to keep plants out. There is no problem with this side of the fence.
One half of the chain-link fences are easily accessible to the dogs, the rest has plants growing on either side. Half of this (1/4 of the entire fence) is where the problems occur since there is nothing blocking either side of dogs from seeing or sniffing each other.

So far correcting Conker has done nothing to stop this. I try to hide from him and wait until he is barking (before he starts a fight) to stop him, normally I tell him to "Leave It" or clap, but he will just go right back to it as soon as I'm gone. If I take him inside he will just go outside a few minutes later and start things up again. The only way to stop this (that I've found) is to lock him in the house, but that prevents Juneau and Sasha, who are almost always good, from going outside. I sometimes set up a baby gate in my room's doorway and keep him in there but then he has nothing to do and starts causing other problems.
If I take him for a walk when he does this, it doesn't stop him. If I take him for a jog, it doesn't stop him. If I take him to the dog park, it doesn't stop him. He is really getting in my nerves with this.

I cannot build fences higher right now. The only thing I can do is cover them with black fabric (the stuff you put on the ground below rocks to prevent weeds from growing through the rocks) so the dogs can't see each other, but I doubt this will completely solve Conker's fence fighting problem. I'm going to give that a try anyways on part of the fence.
But the part of the fence where the dogs who play, we like that neighbor and are friends with her. We don't really want to block that off, plus it'll make her really good looking yard look like crap. Don't want to do that either.

On walks he could care less about the dogs behind fences. It's, so far, only here at home.

So, do any of you have or have had a fence fighter? What did you do to solve the problem? I'm open to suggestions as long as they aren't aversive.

I also posted this on the Shiba forum.