QR Code Name Tags

edited September 2011 in Products & DIY
http://www.pethub.com/get-tagged

This is pretty neat. Coupon code TY4HLP makes it $0.13 per tag (for the round ones. It's 99% off) Shipping was $3.90 for me, said flat rate.

Comments

• That is so cool, especially since there's still basic information on the tag for those people who don't have smartphones
  • That is pretty cool! Too bad I just ordered new tags for the dogs..... :(
  • edited September 2011
    That's very cool! I wonder if you can order the scanner thing for it, though...
    (FYI)...I don't have anything like that on my phone so I'd need a separate device for it.
  • O.o buy a smartphone!
  • edited September 2011
    I don't want one, lol. I just bought a new phone in late July...not sure it has any "apps" for that device, it's a 3G. The data packages are way too expense though. My phone bill would end up costing me 4 bags of kibble or 240 lbs of fresh raw food per month! Hahah.
  • @okiron

Thanks for the heads up. I picked up a few for my Shibas. Always love to try new stuff and can't wait to get these in my hand.
  • I'll admit, this is cool, but I really don't see why someone can't just call the number on the tag instead of scan it and all that. I'd be ticked if I found a dog with one of these that didn't have a phone number on it, since I don't, and won't, have a smart phone. I'd have to bring the dog home and look up the website first instead of just straight up calling the owner.
    It's good that you can still put a name and number on there though, I guess.
  • Yea, those are neat! I want!
  • That would be great for vacation because you could update it every day.
  • ooohhh....i just bought 5 of them (one in every color except black)...I don't even have 5 dogs...lol
  • @ttddinh Does it make you link it to a profile as you order or can you link them later? I kind of want to do the same for future animals but since I only have 1 cat right now I don't want tons of them all linking just to him lol.
  • edited September 2011
    awesome, thanks for that code, it works great, i think ill order a bunch more for some of my friends.
  • @okiron I didn't make it link it to a profile right away...it just created an account with the company. I have contacted the company to get the logistics so I will let you know right away. The flat rate for me was about $10...for Riverside, ca. BTW, thanks for the code!
  • @okiron here is my question and their reply

Hi,

Yes, the way it works is that when someone activates the tag they can either log into an existing account or create a new account. Then the either select a pet they already have in their account or add a new pet. Lastly, they select which animal the tag points to.

So, in short: yes. :-)

Hope that helps!
    Tom
    -

-----Original Message-----
    From: administrator@pethub.com [mailto:administrator@pethub.com]
    Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2011 11:55 PM
    To: PetHub Support; Tom Arnold
    Subject: [support] ordered many tags

Hi,

I just ordered 5 tags and some of them are gifts, and I wanted to clarify that I could set up a separate account for each dog and each tag right?
  • more info...

Hi,

Is there a time limit as to WHEN I need to sent up the account once I receive the product?

RESPONSE:

Nope. And the basic account is free.
  • Cool i will be buying a ton then lol
  • More Q's:

Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2011 8:35 AM
    To: Tom Arnold; PetHub Support
    Subject: Re: [support] ordered many tags

Hi, sorry, one more question. Can the tag be transferred to another pet at anytime or it is permanently one tag per pet?

Thanks.

RESPONSE:

Once you activate a tag for a pet, it is permanently attached to that pet and cannot be transferred as a security feature. On the flip side, a pet can have multiple ID tags or scrufftag collars linked to a single profile…as a fashion feature J.

Lorien Clemens
    Pet Hub Manager of Customer Service & Outreach

Like us on Facebook
    Follow us on Twitter
    Learn more on YouTube

• oh thats good to know. i just assumed that u can go online and change the pets profile to a different one.

looks like the flat rate shipping scales with the order. i tried to order about 40 of them and my shipping charge jumped to almost 100 bucks.
    btw how did u get that code? i love how the bill goes from like 500 to 5 bucks!
    i guess they offer it so that they can spread the word out about this thing much faster?
  • Someone on another forum I frequent got it in an email.
  • cool! now we need some coupon codes like that for a bunch of other websites! lol
  • @jikjak--I agree!!!! Though I recently found that Marshalls (I guess certain ones) started carrying pet stuff. Some of the toys and stuff are really cheap (especially the clearance items) and are of good quality. Just thought I'd pass that along.
  • I have these!!! I ordered them right before Koda hurt himself. My friend Michele turned me onto them. Now that I think of it, I need to figure out where I put them. Ahhh crap. Hopefully they made their way to the junk drawer in the kitchen.
  • edited September 2011
    I ordered 3 of these. 1 for my future dog, the other 2 will probably go to my mom's cats---or maybe to my sister-in-law's dog.

These things are really cool. Thanks for the heads-up
  • Now you all are making me think I should order some even though I just ordered tags for Oskar and Toby. Hmmmm.....
  • @shibamistress well, you can never have too many tags :)
  • edited September 2011
    @shibamistress: Well, it would let anyone who found an escaped Bel know that she needs to get her phenobarbital, or that Toby is dog reactive. It can't hurt. And besides, these are probably best in conjunction with other tags that have your phone number, etc, readily on them anyway.
  • edited September 2011
    Hmmm...I don't know. It says flat rate, but it's not, and they're kind of ripping people off on the shipping of what should be super cheap. I put in 9 tags to start--some spares for us and some for gifts, and suddenly the shipping was $20! And you know it doesn't cost that much to ship that stuff, so I think they're using shipping/handling as a way of covering the discounted prices of the tags.

That kind of pissed me off, so I don't know I'll order them or not now. Or I may just order three. We'll see.

eta: I did order three. Still a little annoyed by the shipping/handling deal though, as I would have ordered more if the shipping was cheaper.
  • It could also be a way to discourage reselling. While you are ordering back ups, there are less than honest people who would resell them at a heavy profit.
    In my industry they will often only allow people to buy three of a certain item to discourage resale.
  • edited September 2011
    I guess they changed it. When i posted this i put in quantity 12 and was only charged 3.90 in shipping. Shouldve bought it then.