[VIDEO] Working Spanish Mastiffs

Comments

• They are cool! I wish I understood Spanish, though. Like, what was that purple stuff they sprayed on them? This is more the type of LGD I'd be interested in owning, because I'd want an all-season guardian. Also, some dogs simply have too much fur for me, lol. Like the OCs are beautiful to look at, but I'd rather not have all that fur.
  • I have no idea what that stuff was he sprayed on the dog's foot! Strange stuff.

I really like this breed too, and I like the all weather aspect too... But I passed on the breed because they bark a LOT! They are super cool tho.

----
  • edited July 2011
    @hondru & @brada1878 - I think the purple spray they use is a wound spray. I know it's more often used on horses, but it's sometimes used on dogs as well. Something like http://www.horsesuppliesdirect.com.au/prod812.htm (?)

I really like the way the Spanish Mastiff looks, but I've never been able to meet one in person. I am TOTALLY in love with how the solid brindle one they were showing was built, but I wasn't really a fan of many of the others.
  • That was cool! I like the brindle ones too. It was funny to hear that Castelian spanish accent though (rather than NM or Mexican) because of all the lisping of the "s" sounds....