Anyone get the Dog World July issue on Shikoku? (corrected the month issue)
  • CrimsonO2CrimsonO2
    If you got it is it worth subscribing to read the article? The editors came to the Pet Expo and met Corina's pack and Kurenai and they wailed that they had *just* sent the article to the printers.

Jesse
    Jesse Pelayo

Post edited by CrimsonO2 at 2011-07-30 10:26:41
  • I have a PDF copy of the issue, I could email it to you and anyone else interested.
  • CaliaCalia
    I've been dieing to get the issue, been trying for the past few weeks but can't find anyone selling it locally. I really don't want to get a subscription just for this issue, especially since the likelihood is is that the first issue they would send out now is the August one
  • HeidiHeidi
    Jessika, I'd love a copy emailed to me. Email address in my profile.
    Rakka 落下(Shikoku Ken), Sosuke 宗介 (Kai Ken), Hester, Stephanie, and Batgirl(cats)
  • AraksAraks
    Could you send it to me as well? My email is in my profile too.
  • dlrobertsdlroberts
    Ditto. Thanks!
    dlrobertsdlroberts
    Dave, proudly owned by Joey (Shiba Inu), Tyson (Kai Ken), and PRG's Mason Julien McDieserton III, a.k.a. Diesel (Labrador Retriever).
    "My opinion may have changed, but not the fact that I'm right"
  • CrimsonO2CrimsonO2
    mine too please.

Jesse
    Jesse Pelayo

• sunyatasunyata
    Me too! :)
    Bella 2Mountains 2Nola 2
    Casey, with Bella and Nola, hanging out in the mountains of Virginia.
  • AsheakaAsheaka
    I too, would like you to email me that article, please.
  • done and done
  • shishiinushishiinu
    If possible me too!
    Gen, Ami, Kaylynn, Trinity, Yusuke......Riki, Hana, Sammi, Taro, and the newest addition Koyuki.
  • done!
  • done!
  • sunyatasunyata
    Thanks Jessika! I got it, but have yet had a moment to read it.
    Bella 2Mountains 2Nola 2
    Casey, with Bella and Nola, hanging out in the mountains of Virginia.
  • HeidiHeidi
    Thank you! It's very appreciated. Although, it's the July issue, not the June issue as stated in the topic (in case anyone was having a hard time finding it). Here's a link, just in case anyone's curious.

Couple things I noticed in this article: It says shikoku generally get along well with other dogs. Also that they excel at herding...? Also that they have urijaro instead of urajiro.
    Rakka 落下(Shikoku Ken), Sosuke 宗介 (Kai Ken), Hester, Stephanie, and Batgirl(cats)
  • AraksAraks
    Thanks Jessika and Dave! :)
  • SayaSaya
    Mind emailing it to me to email is on profile. Thanks a lot.
    Photobucket
    Nicole, 7year old Bella(Boxer), and 7year old Saya(Shiba inu)
  • done!
  • CaliaCalia
    LoL Heidi, there was quite a few errors in the article, like Kishu being spelled Keshu and what you stated. I was thinking "good with other dogs, that's news to me". They should have specified that they are good with some but not all.

Made me giggle though, seeing the picture of Miyu's dad in there, and I think the other pics is of her grandpa TK. Not sure who the puppy is though, maybe a Katja pup?

• ttddinhttddinh
    Hi, could you please email me the pdf?? My address is ttddinh@yahoo.com. THANKS!!
  • done!
    Post edited by the_november_rain at 2011-07-30 00:52:54
  • curlytailscurlytails
    Can I get in line too? =) =)

THANKS!
    image M.C. with Bowdu (Shiba Inu) and Bowpi (Basenji) at The House of Two Bows
    Post edited by curlytails at 2011-07-31 03:28:31
  • ttddinhttddinh
    thanks! :)
  • done!
  • LosechLosech
    Ooh, I'd like this if you're still e-mailing it!
    Losech@gmail.com
  • done!
  • JessicaRabbitJessicaRabbit
    me too?
    jessica@styleweekprovidence.com
    Fuzzy Gang Signature
  • TaraATaraA
    me too. Pretty please if you are still emailing it??
    taraalfaro@hotmail.com
  • done and done!
  • EdgewoodEdgewood
    Jessika - can you email it to me too?

And BTW, actually shikoku can learn to herd - at least cats. :-) My Kuma realized by watching us when we sit on the porch that we didn't want our one house cat to wander away. We would go and pick up the cat and bring him back to the porch when he wandered. So one day, Kuma tested out whether he could try and "herd" him back. We praised him thinking he was trying to herd. The next day, the cat left the porch and Kuma brought him back, we praised again.

Now, if the cat leaves the porch area, we just say "Kuma go get Chester" and Kuma will run up and herd Chester back to the porch (with tiny nips or small nose nudges). Sachi picked it up from watching Kuma and she will do it too. They will also herd the other house cat if we tell them too (they clearly know each of the house cat's names).
  • jikjakjikjak
    i would love to be emailed a copy as well if you dont mind.
    thanks!

jikjak@msn.com
  • done!
  • TaraATaraA
    I got it :) Thanks so much!
  • HeidiHeidi
    @Edgewood - that's hilarious. Rakka definitely bays cats rather than herding them!

I think Corina did a herding instinct test with Shoushou. @ShikokuSpirit

ETA: Jessika, you're a real sport for emailing the issue out to everyone! Hope you're not getting sick of it!
    Post edited by Heidi at 2011-08-02 20:14:42
  • haha, too bad there is no option to attach or upload PDFs.
  • cmptekicmpteki
    If you haven't worn out your keyboard and mouse with the previous requests...I would love a copy of the PDF as well; Thanks!

I think I still have that FTP folder set up from the Kimi video if you wanted to drop the file there and post a link...though some of the other content may need to be cleaned out if you would prefer it not be shared.
  • HeidiHeidi
    You could upload it to google docs or something with a public link, couldn't you? I did that once a long time ago with a cloth diaper pattern I made. Just give people the link and they can help themselves.
  • CrispyCrispy
    Oh! I missed this thread! :o
    I'm very interested in reading this article/issue, if you're still emailing it.
    crispyblankles@gmail.com

Akiyama no Roushya || 秋山の狼室 || www.kishu-ken.org
  • done!
  • jikjakjikjak
    thank you!
  • CrispyCrispy
    Gottit! Thank you. :)
    Akiyama no Roushya || 秋山の狼室 || www.kishu-ken.org
  • stiiinastiiina
    If it's not too much trouble, please forward copy of the article to me as well to: stinavool@gmail.com
    Thanks a lot :)
  • I totally forgot about the article, lol. I'll have to go look for it. It comes over every 2 months, right? Maybe one of the local pet and/or book chain stores will still have copies.

As for Shoushuu and herding, well we were at training with Lynx one day and I had Shoushuu with me. I went, "Hmm...I wonder what he will do if I throw him in with sheep!" I actually threw him in to test his hunting instincts and then his potential for herding.

This was his first herding session. During his second herding session, I found out that Shoushuu makes for a horrible herding dog but has the potential as a decent hunting dog =].
    Areyarisu Shikoku Kenimage

Shoushuu | Kotomi | Maika | Asra | Ranala

Other Canine Members of The Airreyalis Crew: Keno & Zander (Alaskan Klee Kai) | Saphira (Belgian Groenendael) | Naishka & Takashi (Yakutian Laika)
  • cmptekicmpteki
    'Why won't the guy with the stick let me have my snack?'
  • DavidPDavidP
    This request is coming many months after the fact, but if Jessika sees this message I would be grateful to get a copy of the June edition of Dog World on the Shikoku (passarellidavid@gmail.com). Thank you!
  • I sent you the email. :)
  • hi, could you send a copy from the june edition of dog world on the shikoku ass well? my mail is ( isitizzy@hotmail.com) in belgium we dont get any info or sort like that.. thank you !!!
  • no, sorry you're too late. lol, Just kidding! Sent you the email. :)
  • Can someone please send me a copy aswell? (martinjt @ gmail.com) Thanks! :D
  • im sooo late, me too plz? adairasigma@gmail.com :D

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion