String Cheese?

edited February 2008 in General

Our dogs have this fetish with string cheese.  Rach got them hooked on it, so everytime I open the cheese door they "at least Niko" comes running.  If in some cases she doesn't hear the door, when she hears you open the individual wrapped cheese she is in your business...

Oh wait I second thought, because of Rach anything you take out of the fridge Niko and Sasha think they have to have some.  

Comments

• edited November -1

I thought Dairy was bad for dogs.

I created a monster with Keigo too. He's just so damned cute! How could I say no? I decided to curb this behavior, tho. He's getting to the point where he whines and that...is NOT allowed. Poor baby. I really do want to give it to him. 

• edited November -1

Niko's daddy is MISTAKEN!  I DONT give the dogs everything I eat for approval.  HE created the monsters!

Our trainers have always said that cheese was good treats....??Undecided

• edited November -1

LOL, dun dun dun....ROUND 1 FIGHT!

I've always heard cheese is a dog's favorite treat...for some reason all dogs love cheese.

• edited November -1
    vegans...no dairy in house...
  • edited November -1

String cheese is fine.  Cheese should be a TREAT not a MEAL.  Cheese always kept Nemo's attention in class.

Word of warning, if you let two little kids feed your dog fistfuls of cut up cheese to get him to like kids, expect fistfuls of cheese on the carpet later that evening.

• edited November -1
    I feed my pups cheese for a reward sometimes, but of course, not as part of their regular diet.  They can consume it with no ill effects, but of course it's not natural for a dog to eat cheese.  When in nature would a dog eat aged cow's milk?  On that note, why do people eat it?  
  • edited November -1
    People eat it because it's delicious.  Like most foods that are aged, it probably started as a way of preserving the excess milk that cows were producing.
  • edited November -1
    Oh, Kewl. Altho I don't think I'll be able to give the dogs any cheese...I love it too much myself!!!! String cheese ROCKS.
  • edited November -1

I too have heard that cheese is a good treat for dogs.

Before we narrowed in on Lucy's digestive problems, I tried to give her some cheese one morning before I left for work. After I cam home and took her out, she went back to the door and started whining like crazy. I took her out again and she let it fly. I mean it was terrible. She was straining to get it out so bad she made a crazy noise that sounded like a goat's baaahha ahhahahahahaha. Frown

No more cheese for Lucy!

• edited November -1
    Poor Lucy!