New Drama/Old injury & spam

Well it turns out my little one has re-injured her right leg. Last night we returned home from our first date night (without Kaiya) in MONTHS to find Kaiya not putting any weight on her right leg. Luckily we were able to get her into her orthopedist today and he seems to think that she has re-injured her hock. The problem is, this time, its worse than the last, and I don't know how she could have done it. She never limped even with both her legs being injured before and now, she can hardly walk. Shes very stoic though and still wants to try to play (on 3 legs) when we go outside.
We are back to braces 24/7 and we are going to be giving an anti inflammatory/pain killer for the next 5-7 days and then going back to PT for BOTH legs instead of just the left like we had moved on to. I think I am also going to give in and start treating with Dasaquin w/ MSM like they suggested before. Ill talk to the Dr about that on Tuesday.
I am getting so discouraged, every time we think that we are making progress, we have another set back. Today was spay stitch removal day, her energy came back and shes no longer anemic...

Well, enough complaining heres a few pics of Kaiya's first RMB and a day out at the park

DSC_0035

DSC_0029

DSC_0025

DSC_0018

DSC_0013

Comments

• Injuries suck, that's for sure. She's a very pretty girl, though!
  • Oh no. And she had been making such good progress... But you know what they say... :-/

I am sure that she will get through this. And she sure is lucky to have you guys to help her through it (and, you know, pay for it... haha.). She is a lucky girl. And hopefully in a few months, this will all be a distant memory as you watch her run and play!
  • Hopefully she will be okey soon. Lovely photos, especially that water pic.
  • That sucks, I am so sorry to hear that! Hope she will make a quick recovery!

Gorgeous pictures, especially the last one of her in front of the water fountain is really lovely!
  • I'm sorry to hear this. It's just so frustrating dealing with re-injuries (I'm doing it too with my female Shiba). What is dasaquin?

She is a beauty...I hope for a quick recovery!
  • I just love Kaiya! I'm so sorry to hear that she's not feeling well.

FYI Koda hurts his back left leg all the time. I actually need to get him checked out again. He's due for shots next week. I'm starting to think it may be because of tendon shortness/weakness. I'll let you know if my theory is right.

Koda was also anemic when I took him into get neutered. He's grown out of it, but it took until he was about 1 1/2.
  • Thanks all for your support and well wishes!

@shibamistress Dasaquin is a joint supplement similar to glucosamine/chondriotin but it has MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) which is said to help with the absorbtion of the comounds by contributing sulfur. It is found naturally in meats and seafood. This is what the Orthopedic recommended before, but I am not huge on doing chemicals etc. so I opted out. I think I just need to suck it up and see if it works though because she is clearly in pain. Last night she was standing on 3 legs just to eat dinner. It made me so sad!

@tjbart17 Please let me know how Koda turns out. He is one of my forum loves (hint hint would love to get more Koda and Mei spam). When we went for spay round 2 (we didnt do it the first time becasue she was so anemic) her iron levels were back to normal, so we think it was her extended heat.

If she is feeling up to it, I am going to try to get her swimming again this weekend. Ill post pics if it actually happens. She is certainly not a water baby