Hiking with dogs

edited May 2011 in Shiba Inu (柴犬)
Today I was hiking with some other dog owners in Lenggries (a small village in Bavaria).
It was a beautiful day and all dogs got on very well with each other.
Here a some pictures:
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Comments

• Beautiful pictures! It definitely looked like all the dogs had a blast. :)
  • Okey, now I really want to visit Germany! And nice pics from dogs too :D.
  • Very nice, really pretty place! Thanks for sharing. Perfect thing for me to see this AM as I am getting ready to go on hike myself. Just not sure which dogs I want to take...

PS: Great to see all the solar panels too! :o)

----
  • Wow, those pictures are breathtaking!
  • Great pics! I love the one of the Shiba in the water trough. My Shibas are rather water-phobic, though they will get in streams if they think there might be fish in them. (They try to catch the fish).

It's so pretty, too! Looks like I'll be going to Germany this summer to meet my in-laws for the first time, so this makes me more excited to go!
  • Beautiful pictures, of dogs and the countryside! Thanks so much for sharing them! I would love to travel to your country sometime soon....

Do you know the breed of the multi-colored dog in the second picture? My son adopted a dog from a rescue a year or so ago. I am amazed at the similarity between the dog's body shape and coloring compared to his dog. He was told his dog was a mix (german shepherd, perhaps collie, etc.), but I have noticed in other pics and stories from parts of Europe that there appear to be a few dogs over there that are similar to his dog, Frannie.

Thanks,
  • edited May 2011
    Those pics are great! Such wonderful scenery, thanks for sharing!

And as Brad said, right on with the Solar panels! :D We're totally thinking about installing some with the amount of sun we have all year round in SoCal.
  • Neat! That place is beautiful. I too love the Shiba trough picture.
    I'm with you guys on the solar panels. I love them too XD
  • What a beautiful day! I love Bavaria, the land is so lush.
  • Bavaria looks beautiful! One day I will get to visit!
  • How beautiful!
  • Amazing pictures. Makes me long to visit Bavaria again. So lovely. Thank you for posting them.
  • what lovely scenery and awesome dogs! thanks for the photo tour of Bavaria!
  • @ baanton: Sorry for the late answer! The dog you mean is a German Shepard-Mix, but I don´t no the other breed.
  • WOW gorgeous pictures!! Really nice scenery :)
    And your shiba is absolutely stunning :D