Nuuk (updated some photos and results)

edited January 2013 in Kai Ken (甲斐犬)
I just noticed that Nuuk don't have his own thread. Nuuk came to Finland in February from Japan. His parents are Kari and Utsubo. He weights now (at age five months) about 12 kilos and his height is around 40 cm. Nuuk has been a real nugget! He is open anf wants to say hello to everyone. I really hope his attitude don't change when he is in teenage. Have your Kais change from open to shy during the teenage phase? His both testical has descend but his teeth are still changing (he has small overbite right now but it's changing weekly (I remembered that Ife had the same problem but it fixed when she was about 8 months old). Here is the latest pics from my little boy.

Nuuk "reading" a dog magazine.
Photobucket

Nuuk eating carrot.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Sleeping...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Nuuk and Rusina
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Ife and Nuuk
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Some random pics
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

It has been a pleasure to let Nuuk be off-leash. Now when our favourite footpaths are "snow-free" we finally can take some good walks without trafic or other people. Nuuk has quite good recall and because our trail is surrounded by big ditches with loads of water he really don't take off. It is like a internatioal crisis if his highness paws get wet. I can't wait to get to our summer cottage with all our dogs. I'm going to be absurd this summer and try to keep Ife also off-leash.

Comments

• I love the pics of Nuuk and Rusina! :)
  • My boy is growing to real man. He lift his leg for the first time, I'm so proud of him.
  • I read that and burst out laughing! I never really thought someone would be proud of that, but after meeting a Catahoula Leopard Dog mix that doesn't lift and ends up peeing on his front feet, I can see why someone might say that.

Conker is the same way if his feet get wet. Muddy is fine but wet? Call the Royal Guard!
  • Okey now you will laugh more. I even called to my own mum that Nuuk did it ( I also called when both testical were descend, his first tooth came off, he climb down stairs etc.). Well, maybe I'm little crazy...

Talking about the Catahoula Leopard Dog I saw one in our training group and it's amazing looking dog! It looked so cool with her blue eyes. Need to chat more with her owner and ask what kind of breed it is.
  • Out of curiosity, when did his testicles both descend? I'm still waiting on Sosuke, although they're pretty easy to spot and they're heading down that way.
  • When he was 10 weeks old.
  • Summer pics from Nuuk too. Well, he isn't picky as Ife was at this age and he also has couple number too big skin :D.

Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
  • It's uncanny!!!! Nuuk looks just like Koda!!!! I can't get over it. It's like looking at Koda's puppy pictures. Which means ofcourse that I adore him!!!!
  • Nuuk is getting real handsome!! Love the new pics :)
  • Oh, he's adorable! I just really like Nuuk, the impressions and the feeling he gives in these photos. Nice to hear what the judges have to say about him.. ;)
    I have visited in your website. I'm sorry to hear about Rusina. Lovely cat. <3
  • Today I got official confirmation from Finnish Kennel Club that they have approve Nuuk's registration. Now I just have to wait the register number and I can entry him to dog shows. And what else... Well, I'm taking him to obedience class and if he seems to like it we possibly continue further. We are also starting search dog training.

He still is a real darling, still waiting the teenage phase :D. We are now living with my brother and he is like best friend to him. And my brother likes him very much too (well, of course he likes also Ife) which is a great honour from him because he didn't get along well with our Schipperkes. Now I have free kennel boy if I'm sick because he likes to take doggies out for running.
  • he has such a sweet face. it makes me happy to see him going off leash and behaving. so far what i've read about kai says they don't do well off leash. i've read both that trd can and can't, but my girl does beautifully off leash. the obedience classes can only help with that, too.
  • That's great. Congrats Mirka. :-) I expect to see lots of Nuuk spam as he wins dog shows.
  • Sounds like everything is going great for you all. I second Dave, we need Nuuk winning championships spam.
  • Congrats Mirka! Nice work!

Is the Finnish Kennel Club an FCI club?

----
  • Well, Nuuk have to win first :D. I have showed him to several judges and all of them have liked him very much. One judge even said that I should leave Ife home and market this breed only with Nuuk. I couldn't believe what I heard. I think it is only good that people can see how different types there can be within this breed. Nuuk has charmed everyone he meets, he is such a sweetheart.

@Brad: Yes, Finnish Kennel Club is member of FCI.
  • We went to match show with Nuuk today and he was the third best puppy in that show. There was 27 participants so I think he did a great job. This is really good start thinking his "real" show career, he was acting so cool dude in the ring and couldn't care less about his contestants. But he liked to give kisses to the judge :D. Here is some pics with his trophies.

Photobucket
    Photobucket

Ife checking the trophies.
    Photobucket
  • Congrats! Too bad it's third, but I'd be happy to place in the top.
  • Third place was really good achievement cause our contestants were super show trained dogs. And our only goal was to practise ring behaviour and get some experience before the real show situation :).
  • Congratulations on Nuuk's placement! It's cute that he gave the judge kisses. :)
  • Nuuk looks happy with his trophy. :)
  • Congrats !!! It's so good !!!!
  • Congrats! Nice to see a trophy from match show and Nuuks seems to like it.
    Good practise for the future ;) Can't wait to see him in ring. So hopefully I'm someday at the same show with you.
  • @Kiri: Tullaan messariin joulukuussa ja Jyväskylästä voi kanssa bongailla marraskuussa. Päivä ei vielä tiedossa. Ja jos täällä päin pyörii niin tervetuloa vaan käymään :).
  • Pidän mielessä. :)
  • Here is some new pics from my boy. We started obedience training class this week and he is doing fine there. He is having problems with concentration but still learns fast. My goal is to take him to obedience trial someday.

Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
  • Is he eating apple? Cute. :D
  • I love seeing Nuuk and Ife together! They make quite a pair :-)
  • Yep, it's apple :D. I'm so happy that they get along together so good. It would be horrible to live with them if they hate each others. And after Rusina's death Ife would have been real lost and alone if she didn't had Nuuk.
  • WOW Nuuk is really getting big! He is a beautiful boy :) Love his expression