Annual Shiba Party/picnic - Shiba Inu Fanciers of Northern CA; SAT June 4

edited April 2011 in Shiba Inu (柴犬)
Forwarding from the Shiba Inu Fanciers of Northern CA: {there is a flyer - if you are interested, email: lyzk2007@gmail.com and i will send it to you directly}
-------------------

Hi Shiba Lovers,

It's that time of year, again. Dust off your Shibas, your lawn chairs and picnic basket and plan to attend the 21st Annual Shiba Party. Last year we had over 250 people and 150 dogs. This is the oldest and largest Shiba event of its kind in the Country. Even if you don't have a Shiba, it is the best place to learn about the dogs from those who love them.

Attached is a flyer with all the particulars. Please check out the contests and plan to enter those for which your dog is eligible. They toy scramble was a big success last year and hopefully everyone will participate this year. The dogs love it.

Last year we emphasized the Rescue Shiba and will again have a free Parade of Rescues and a certificate for all participants. I would like to put a few rescue stories and pictures in the booklet, so if you have a rescue Shiba and could give me a brief paragraph on its history and a photo, I will be publishing the first half dozen or so respondents I receive. Any Shiba with an interesting story, whether it's a rescue or not, may be good for the booklet. Please send those, too. There must be some great stories out there.

We are also accepting donation items for the raffle and some high-end items for the silent auction. It is through these functions that we make money to fund the Club and support Shiba Rescue. Anyone wishing to donate items should email SFNCraffle@gmail.com.

This time of year can be quite warm. There are plenty of trees, but if you wish to be assured of a certain spot or would like to set up near the contest ring, consider bringing a shade canopy or Easy-up.

Please RSVP to me if you plan to attend. This way I have a count for how many free souvenir booklets to print. Try to be there at starting time in order to enjoy all the events. All information is on the attached flyer.

See you there and tell your friends,

Jacey Holden
Shiba Inu Fanciers of Northern California

Comments