Rakka

I don't have a thread for Rakka! So here we go.

We went to a field the other day, Rakka on a long line and Sosuke off leash, and Rakka had severe snow zoomies. She rolls around in the snow and then goes nuts.

IMG_1020

IMG_1045

IMG_1029

IMG_1085

IMG_1086

IMG_1027

There was an ice fort that some kids had built. Take that, ice fort!

IMG_1037

IMG_1006

IMG_0990

Comments

• She's so pretty :o)

LOL @ "severe snow zoomies"

----
  • You never did have a thread for Raka. I'm glad she has one now. She's really a pretty girl. Love the kick pic.
  • Very pretty girl! She looks really super!
  • Excellent, we definitely need some new Rakka pics!

She looks great! What kind of harness do you have on her?
  • She looks great Heidi!
  • Yay! Glad we now have a Rakka thread. She kicks like Bella... Only Bella usually kicks Nola in the head. :-/
  • @ShikokuSpirit - that's an easywalk harness. It's the small/medium tweener size

@ sunyata - Rakka often kicks dirt in my face. I always have to be on watch to make sure she doesn't wreck people's lawns when we're on walks. She really takes the kicking seriously.
  • @hondru - how funny that Rakka kicks like that. I thought it was a male activity. FWIW, Kuma kicks like the devil and will scuff up the lawn and throw lots of dirt -- especially on walks.
  • @Edgewood Rakka also lifts her leg to mark, and marks a lot while we're on walks. So, I guess she's kind of butch, lol.
  • Some pics from the dog run (isn't our dog run awesome? It's close to our house, too). You saw the snow zoomies, and here are the sand zoomies.

IMG_1397

IMG_1395

IMG_1394

IMG_1381

IMG_1371

IMG_1386

IMG_1373

IMG_1380

IMG_1353

• @hondru - kind of butch, lots of laughs!

Love all the photos in the last batch, but especially the 1st one of her in mid air!
  • edited April 2011
    Rakka is so beautiful!
    She and Sosuke (do you say it with enthusiasm like Ponyo everytime you say it?) look like they're having a blast together.
  • I love Rakka's pictures so cool and the mid air one is nice too. Your dog run looks nice and is has a pond?
  • Heidi: Love the pics of Rakka.. thanks for giving her her own thread! You do an amazing "freeze-frame" with all these action pics! She is a beautiful dog, and looks like she and Sosuke are really enjoying each other! For what it's worth, Josephine "kicks" and also "marks" constantly... maybe there is some gender confusion, or maybe these NK females just love to be that way!
  • Rakka is such a lovely, athletic dog. Like the photos of her and Sosuke. FYI. The mild mannered Sukoshi is also a female Shiba who marks and kicks after pooping. Always has.
  • Thanks, everyone! I love taking pictures of Rakka. She's such a pretty girl.

@tsukitsune lol... I don't think I could muster as much enthusiasm as Ponyo does.

@saya It's a river. There are a lot of nice parks along this river, it's nice, although it'll be nicer once the warmer weather hits and everything isn't brown, lol.
  • Can you spot Rakka? She's blending in this time of year. I kept losing sight of her on this walk.

IMG_1512

IMG_1511

Here's an easier one:

IMG_1533
  • I see her! *pokes screen* Right there! And there... yes. Man she blends in well.
  • edited May 2011
    It's like 'Where's Waldo' ... instead it's Where's Rakka. LOL
  • wow... She really does blend in! crazy! Helps you understand why Kishu are white.

----
  • Yeah, my best hope of spotting her is your white fluffy butt, lol.
  • Mud zoomies. Rakka basically just likes to roll in stuff, and then go nuts. She gets wet towel zoomies, too.

IMG_1949

IMG_1953

IMG_1960

IMG_1976

IMG_1967
  • lol... Nola does the roll zoomies, too. Which is quite fun when you are holding on to the other end of a 4 ft lead... :)

Rakka is looking good! And it looks like her and Sosuke are getting along very well.
  • Oh, Rakka is so nice looking. I love the shape of Ahi's head and all of her litter mates. I wish that head shape / stop / muzzle length was still the popular look in NIPPO.

Rakka is very pretty (I think she's prettier than Ahi, but don't tell anyone I said that).

----
  • edited May 2011
    @brada1878 - brad, I know I've said it before but I completely agree! I really like the longer head look too. (I'll always be an Ahi fan though :-) )

@hondru - Rakka is gorgeous! She looks like so much fun! Please keep posting pics.
  • edited June 2011
    So pretty.
    IMG_2484

In this picture, Rakka is jumping around Sosuke.
    IMG_2445

IMG_2435

IMG_2431

IMG_2429

moulting!
    IMG_2368

Sosuke now plays a game in which he waits for Rakka to start rolling around, then he pounces right onto her belly.
    IMG_2086

IMG_2087

Then she usually gets him back
    IMG_2077
  • Man she's gorgeous! I like the shot of her butt as she's jumping around Sosuke.
  • Oh I looooove your pics they are awesome! And Rakka is truly beautiful!!
    Love the zoomies! XD