Medeival collar XD

edited April 2011 in Products & DIY
I posted this on the Shiba side but figured I might as well put it here to show you guys too.

I got real bored and when I get THAT bored, something usually gets made. And since I hadn't done much medieval armoring as of late, I whipped out me pliers 'n rings and made Conker a chainmaille collar!

It took roughly 30-40 minutes to do.
It's completely for fashion only. A tag collar, and since I walk Conker with a harness that works for me. Attach a leash to it and you'll loose your dog since the rings are aluminum and not welded closed.
Conker's not gonna wear it all the time, only when I feel like making him look snazzy like if we go out or visit someone.

This hobby of mine is pretty fun. I make everything from jewelry to actual armor out of those rings. It can take a while depending on what's being made but people love to look at the stuff and figure out how it works XD

Comments

• Neat! Bravewolf (the Misanthropic Shiba blog) has connections with the SCA. Decorative chainmaille dog collars would probably a big hit in the SCA.
  • That is really cool. I bet you could make some money selling those on etsy. :)
  • That's pure awesome! ~
  • Very cool!
  • more proof that NK owners are cooler than average :)
  • Sweet!

You should also make him a weapon and shield to match!
  • I'm late to the party on this, but I just want you to know that the Medieval collar is awesome and makes me wish I had one.
  • Thanks. If you're ever in southern Oregon give me a hollar and I'll make one for ya XD
  • Wow I missed this thread too... Awesome collar! I agree that you could totally sell these if you wanted to.
    Dunno how you feel about it, but I sometimes do portrait drawings, but I can't take orders for drawings, cause I have to feel inspired to do a good one and I don't always get inspired by people's half bad photos of their pets. Also if I make too many I kinda get bored and halfass it.