Welded Wire Outdoor Kennel

aykayk
edited April 2011 in Products & DIY
I was looking for a welded wire outdoor kennel and found this pretty good deal on-line.

It's an AKC Pro Kennel, 5' x 10' x 6' made out of 8 gauge wire panels that comes with a cover. (Cheaper ones are made of 9- or 10-gauge wire that are weaker.)

Free shipping offered, and when I ordered it, no sales tax applied at time of purchase.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002IT3166/ref=ox_ya_os_product

Comments

• wow, that is a good deal!
  • aykayk
    edited April 2011
    Looks like they ran out of their own stock a few minutes ago and are contracting out from a different vendor. They upped the price slightly and are now charging full shipping.
  • lol... Well, that WAS a good deal.
  • That's the bummer part about being Canadian - the international shipping charges usually ruin a good deal like that. Of course, the deal's gone now and I didn't want one anyway... but still!
  • I have the non powder coated version for my CO (I would have preferred the powder coat but for some reason it wasn't available). I went thru my feed store, and that was a better deal as they delivered and assembled for free. I would like to buy a couple more, since it has held up well to him and the shibas.
  • aykayk
    edited April 2011
    My local feed store was offering the 5'x10'x6' galvinized, non-powder coated one for $400 but were charging extra for the covers. So the expired Amazon deal was ~$40 cheaper than going local for me. This is assuming that they are of the same gauge wire.

Also, I heard galvinized is more sensitive to urine and bleach.