Having Shikoku Fever ... can you share your pics?

I am totally having a Shikoku fever ... can't stop thinking about Shikoku's. I am still on a waiting list but as the time ticks away, I am getting closer to getting my very own Shika (months upon months away!). I was hoping fellow forum members could share some recent pictures of their Shikoku's.

Comments

• I have old videos:

Shoushuu, Shuran, Kaiju & Ritsu

Kotomi, Shuran, Kurenai & Koyuki

Kotomi, Shoushuu & Aislyn

Shoushuu Distance Work on Mark

Let me see if I can grab a few photos as well...

By the way, CONGRATS on your upcoming puppy...soon it'll be your turn to share Shikoku photos (and video)!
  • Shoushuu

Shoushuu

Shoushuu

Shoushuu

Kotomi

Kotomi

Kotomi

Kotomi

Shuran

Shuran

Shuran

Shuran

• edited April 2011
    Yay! Corina, I love your shikoku. And look at little Shuran growing up :)

@JennAB thank you for this thread, I was going through shikoku pic withdrawl LOL
  • Great pics and vids; thanks for sharing!
  • I LOVE the Kuma "touch" video! I remember it so well. It always makes me laugh in the beginning as he pauses, focus' on you and waits for you to give an additional command, "Okay, I got this...push the noisemaker. Now what?" LOL.
  • Here's a few somewhat recent ones of Miyu trying to sleep in a crate too small for her:
    From Dogz
    From Dogz
  • I love that video too, "Kuma Rings His Bell" lol!
  • Nice there's Koyuki! I really like the black and tan shikoku.
  • I like black and tan, too. Here's a picture. It's not new, but it's a nice one!

IMGP4796
  • edited April 2011
    These photos are a month or so old, & not the best quality, but here you go...lol ~

• Osy - he looks great! I am guessing he is all healed up now?
  • Dammit Osy, you've been holding out on us! lol

He looks great by the way :D
  • Osy, he's so handsome! Those are great pics, what are you talking about? Not very good pictures... yeah right.
  • Thanks guys! I'm so bad about taking new photos lol. Those photos were after the 1st surgery, but he got the pins removed from his leg a few weeks ago, so he's now recovering from that, but as he's been throughout this whole thing, acting like nothing even happened :) ~
  • What beautiful Shika's. Thank you so much for sharing! If all goes to plan I will be getting my pup this summer. Just heard from Katja and she is just waiting for Yana and Kimi to fall into season. Looks like the sire might be Yamato. So excited :o)
  • @Sangmort wow, he looks so stunning. You need to get your act together and take more pictures of him!
  • Here's a few shots I took the other day...

Kaiju

Cho Cho

Cho Cho

Cho Cho

Cho Cho

Loa

Loa

Cho Cho

And some videos...

----
  • This has to be one of the best threads...ever! :)
  • edited April 2011
    Cho Cho and Kaiju sure have grown. This Forum really is wonderful. With so many Nihon Ken owners ... it's great to watch the pups/dogs grow up. Love the middle pic of Cho cho running. Awesome shot.

Wow Osy ... your Shika is gorgeous. Love the black sesame. How old is he? Where did you get him from (I am so out of the loop ... got to catch up on some threads)
  • edited April 2011
    @jujee , LOL ok, here's a couple of shots just for you :p These are from yesterday...that's recent, right??

[ he's blowing coat right now ]

@JennAB , Thanks! He's from Katja's AikoxKuma litter, born September 14th, 2010.

@brada1878 , I still envy your photography skills :p ~
  • Some more of Miyu:

From Dogz
  • edited April 2011

Don't know how to embed photos... thats Mika at 8 weeks.
  • edited April 2011
    @Nadia - I fixed it for you. Just put the link to the imagine in an html tag for an image: < img src="link" > (but remove the spaces between the < and >).
  • Osy - he is so pretty! And is markings on his face are pretty different than some of the others from Katja's Kuma (eg, my Sachi, Inu [full sibs] and Panda). Those 3 from Kuma look very, very alike. Your guy has more colors in his mask, Interesting!
  • @Edgewood, Have you noticed a bright burnt red/orange color coming out in the face/snout in Sachi? Inu has this now and his chest is no longer white, but with dark eggshell coloring.
  • @the_november_rain - now that you say it, Sachi does have some red/orange on her snout, more so than before, when it was all black. Her chest, however, is still white. That is one thing I remember about Katja's Kuma's coloration was the red on his nose.
  • Here's some recent pics of Panda (1yr and 2month old Shikoku female)

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/fbx/?set=a.10150575432015564.671073.678035563&l=526647cb56