Crisp's Shikoku Experience (ft. Mura)

edited September 2012 in Shikoku Ken (四国犬)

Comments

• Bless her she's gorgeous! I would be so excited to meet a Shikoku, unfortunately it seems that the sum total of Shikoku over here are less than the fingers on my hands! Maybe one day...I can hope...
  • I didn't think that it would ever happen without arranging to see one - but one day I walked into work and BLAM, there she was. So, you never know! I hope you get to meet one. It was amazing to see, in real life, what I'd seen only in pictures and books before then. Like spotting a mythical creature. (lol)
  • Are you in MA? Is that Paul's Mura? If she is, she is my Miko's sister.
  • edited April 2011
    I live in RI and work in MA - and yeah, she's Paul's Mura! I got to speak to him once when she was coming in for a stay during the summer and I was coming back to pick my dogs up from work. He seems like a really nice guy, though... he seemed alarmed I knew what breed she was. I guess I don't blame him!

I haven't gotten to see much of Miko! I should... snoop around the forum.
  • He is a really nice guy. He is a super dedicated owner. That dog is the light of his life. She and Miko played together a few times when they were puppies.
  • Yeah, I can tell they're really bonded. Mura does well when she's preoccupied in the yard or playing with a dog or a person, but when she's not occupied, she looks like: "okay, that was cool, but where's my dad."

I can sympathize though. I don't like being separated from my boys. I don't know WHAT I would do if I had to board them. Still, I love when she comes in. She's got a lot of character so it's hard not to like her!
  • @Crispy - what a small world! Paul actually came to visit me in PA (he lived in Philly at the time) and visited with my Kuma. Meeting Kuma was how he decided that he wanted a shikoku for certain. Soon after that he was lucky and got Mura!
  • Glad you got to see her again! :)
  • edited September 2012
    I always feel I have to update you when Mura comes in. She is too cute.

• She is very striking! You should leave a note for him when he picks her up to maybe make arrangements to have lunch or something to talk about Mura. If he is like the rest of us, he would love to spend an hour or so talking about his Shikoku. :)
  • Paul is a really nice guy. He adores Mura and she WORSHIPS him. I bet he would totally have a coffee with you if you wanted to ask him about her.
  • AUGH. I can't believe I didn't think of that. I didn't want to be creepy, lol, so it never even crossed my mind. Maybe, when she comes in another time, I'll get the chance.
  • Stalker! =p

Take the dogs and make a day of it.
    It'll be fun...food + dogs + hanging out + talking about Shikoku = a great math equation in my mind! I say go for it!