Shikoku Ken play videos

The weather is finally seeming a bit like spring (well the daffodils are coming up) - could be warmer though.

So I took a few videos of my two playing with each other and their favorite toy.

Comments

• Neat! I love seeing dogs with similar play-styles to my Shiba in action. The noises they make are so entertaining XD
  • Sachiko!!! Inu and her are twins!
  • I was going to say the same; Sachiko and Kimi look very similar! Excellent Videos - Thanks for Sharing!
  • They're so cute :) I love how he just rams her with his butt.
  • Love those videos :) And Sachi got so dark! Looks nothing like her puppy pics.
  • Awww what fantastic videos! Lovely to see them playing together, roll on summer!
  • Hehe, I love their play style. It's too adorable to me.

We don't have many NK that come to work - just one Akita (Nala), one Shiba (Max), and one Shikoku (Mura) - but their play styles are very similar to what's posted here. I think my favorite "moves" are the butt-rubbing/guarding and the double-paw-slaps. It's a bit different watching two NK play together though, because when Nala or Mura go up on their hind legs to wrestle, other dogs get SO confused like "I didn't know we could DO that" - very few seem to adapt - and the ones that do tend to be "northern" breeds or sighthounds. I wonder why.
  • @Araks - Yes, Sachi changed color almost completely on her body. Her face was always kind of dark. Katja even used her as an example of how some dogs can change color so much as they reach adulthood.

yes, Inu and Sachi are twins now!!!

And here's another of their favorite pass times

• Yeah...I've come to the conclusion that Shika girls are so...in-your-face:-). It's only been recently that my Shiba has been "playing along" (giving corrections).
  • Great videos.

Saya makes sounds like that, but it can have some high pitch shiba tones in it too. =)

The last video you posted playing with the flirt pole Saya has a cat toy just like that she goes nuts chasing after it.

Saya my shiba inu likes to play like Sachi and Kuma in the first video she'll stand on her toes playing with Bella coarse Bella just stands there since she's bigger than Saya. lol

I love how NK play thanks for posting some of your shikoku playing nice to see how they like to play I love the butt bumps too Saya does it every so often.