Boomer Ball - ever try it?

edited March 2011 in Products & DIY
This toy looks neat: http://www.boomerball.com/

The idea is that it's a ball too big to fit in the dog's mouth, so the more they try to catch it, the more it gets away, so it simulates chasing prey. They have a video of a herding dog "herding" a really big one. I think one just barely too big to fit in the dog's mouth would be what Rakka would go nuts for.

Comments

• They sell these at the feed store near my house. I've seen a bunch of Bull Dogs with them. They seem to really love caring them around. I never thought of getting one for Koda or Mei.
  • We had them at my shelter. Dogs seem to either love them or fear them.
  • OMG. Must have! Thanks for posting this!
  • That does look pretty cool. Bella loved her soccer ball, but sadly, it perished during our last move. :( Might have to get her one of these!
  • That looks really cool.
  • Sounds like a really good idea :) Thanks for sharing!!
  • My GSD loved his. He used to try to pick it up with his paws too.

The Shibas are utterly indifferent to it, and I don't think Oskar has found it yet (it's somewhere in the yard!)
  • I can only imagine that my shepherd would go crazy with a boomer ball. She loves to play with a ball, so it would be great for her. And Eowyn is actually also fond of playing with her blue ball, but whether she'd enjoy a ball she cannot chew, I don't know. She loves to chase stuff, so maybe it would awaken some hunting instinct. Could be a huge succes, but won't know till I try ;)
  • VERY COOL! I like how you can add pebbles or bells or whatever inside the ball to add extra excitement for the dog! I just hope they are REALLY durable, Honey has been able to destroy every "indestructable" toy we've bought.
  • I checked some local stores and I didn't exactly find a ball like this, but I found this Teaser Ball. It's hard to say if she likes it, because the kids are really obsessed with it, so I need to test it without them around!