Breeders?

Do any of you know any kishu breeders outside Japan?

I seem to be able to find breeders for all the other NK outside Japan, but not kishu. Maybe they just don't have a website - or I suck at finding them...

Comments

• There's a Kishu breeder over here in the Netherlands. www.kishu.nl
  • There is one show lines breeder in the US:

http://www.kishuken-nel.com/kishu.html
  • One of these days I may have taro/koyuki pups....
  • @shishiinu
    Gen, how old is Koyuki??

@7Stefan7
    Thanks, I will take a look, didn't know we had a kishu kennel this close. Amazing what you can miss even when looking for it... Haha... Oh well, good thing you can point me in the right direction then ;)

• She is almost at 5 months so still a little while before we plan any pups.
  • Yeah I'll say. How early do you think it's okay to breed?

Could be awesome having a pup from 2 dogs I know from the forum, but I do not yet know exactly which dogs I'll be buying later on...
  • Put me in line! How much is the deposit? I probably can't afford a Kishu for a long while though...
    I've only heard of the one Kishu breeder in the U.S. Calia mentioned.
  • @Brego_mellon_nin 2 dogs from dogs you know from the forum?
  • Wait, I read that wrong. Duuuh
  • @hondru
    I assume you got it right on second read, but I meant 1 pup from 2 dogs I "know" in here (Taro/Koyuki) ;)
  • I dont want to be breeder so I think I will waite for two things to happen. One is once when my baby girl is on about her second or third heat cycle and two when there are enough people who would give the pups a good home. I dont want to jump to breeding them just to get puppies since I cant keep 5 puppies and hope some one will take them. And I guess it all depends if Yuki chan ends up falling for the goofy looking Taro oh and once they are screened for any hereditary issues.
  • @shishiinu Well if Ziggy (our kai ken pup) works out to be a nice hunting buddy I may be able to convince my husband that another NK dog would also be a good addition to the hunting team :) So you will have to keep us updated if you do decide to do a litter in the future!
  • @shishiinu
    I can understand that. I would not be able to keep a whole litter if acceptable buyers didn't show up. I will think more about it, and if I decide in the future that a kishu would be a good fit for me, I will let you know. Would love to have a Taro/Koyuki pup in such case!!

Are kishu litters normally big??
  • Taro/Baron came from an 11 puppy litter, but that's not the norm.
  • WOOAH! I think the litter in Europe was 9!

It would seem the kishu litters are a tad bigger than fx kai or shikoku?
  • I think the average is between 3 to like 6. I think Taro and Barons litter is the biggest I have ever seen. I really like Taro's build and his facial structure. He and Baron both have the Hosoda line boar dog build that you can see in their body build and the large jaw structure. Koyuki has a really feminine build and great personality. I feel that she will fill out to be the ideal female kishu.
  • Sounds like lots of people are waiting for Kishu pups. How's Koyuki and Taro doing Gen? How's the hunting training with Koyuki coming along? I can't wait to see a picture of her all grown up.
  • They are doing great, Yuki has alot of potential and her drive to chase is growing as she gets older. Taro really pulled her along with ranging out and coming back. Now I just need to create harmony with Ame and the rest of the pack. Yuki and Ame will really get started on their training in may once I get a better hog pen built.
  • Alright Gen, make sure you post up some videos when you have them on training because I would love to see it. Every video of the Kishu will help give me a better idea on how the breed is like.