We are pack now! New family member has arrived

edited October 2013 in Kai Ken (甲斐犬)
So last weekend Finland did get another Kai Ken :). He is from Yakushima kennel and his official name is Gen but I'm calling him Nuuk. His parents are Kari and Utsubo and at least Kari is working as SAR-dog. Nuuk has been really open and friendly. I'm hoping socializing will keep him that way. He eats well and is very clever (knows already sit and down).
Here is few pics from my new arrival. Sorry, my camera sucks so not the best pics.

image image image image image image image

And few videos:

Comments

• Oh, congrats Mirka! Nuuk looks to be very cute! Is he a NIPPO dog or a KKA dog?

Congrats!!!

----
  • Congrats Mirka! Looks like Ife is pretty happy about his arrival too. :-)
  • Congrats Mirka! He is such a handsome boy. Can't wait to see how he turns out :)
    Best of luck with him!
  • I like the name Gen better. Congrats on the new pup!
  • Thanks everyone :).
    @shishiinu: I bet you do :D but it's quite difficult to pronounce in Finnish style.
  • Congrats! He is a cutie! his face reminds me a lot of my girl's :)
  • Very cute Kai!
  • Congrats! He looks so precious!
  • Congratulations on the new pup. I know the kennel your pup is from, a lot of their bloodline is from Inoue-san's kennel (where some of Brad's lines are from).
  • Congrats on the new pup! He's really cute. :D
  • Congrats! Ife seems thrilled to have a new playmate! :)
  • Nuuk is adorable, and I love the Nuuk and Ife interaction! What a lively household you will have! Enjoy!
  • You have a very nice kai puppy. I love his dark coat! Seems like he could be a good hunter -_^
  • Yea, we have a lot of Inoue-san pups running around here. You have good taste Mirka! :o)

----
  • edited February 2011
    @brada1878
    So Brad, when will you start "infesting" the world with kai puppies? ;)

Oh btw - how many kais do you actually own at this point?
  • Once Ela goes to her home next month, Chibi goes to Peggy's place, and Haru's pups go to their homes we will have 8 Kai Ken.
  • I said congratulations already, but here it is again! I'm so happy for you.
  • Thanks everyone :). I'm over the moon about Nuuk. He seems to have nice temper so far. In fact that video was Ife's first play with Nuuk. She still is little cranky to Nuuk because have to share me now with another dog :D.
  • Congrats Mirka, he looks very cute and promising.
    Just a question, can you register a KKA dog int Finland? Its not possible for us in Denmark. And if a dog is not registered in the Danish Kennel Club (DKK) you can't participate in any dog shows approved by FCI.
  • Good question Tina, I didn't even think about it...

If I manage to register my future KKA kai I will have to go through 2 registries in USA in order to do it, and the dog will not have ancestors on the pedigree, since they are not approved by FCI. And the dog will not be able to reach international champion title.
  • Yes I can. In Finland we have special register for dogs which have non-FCI pedigree. It takes lots of work and time. Ife is registered to this register.
  • And there are no regulations for dogs with this registry compared to FCI registered dogs?
  • Okhat's like in the US. But then you can't participate in FCI shows?
  • Too fatst woul say... Ok, thats like...
  • Not going great for me, a d missing now. Hope you understand. ;-)
  • Tanja: There isn't any regulations but you just have to get recommendation from your breed club and breed organization to registration. And if they give you the recommendation then Finnish Kennel club's breeding committee makes the final resolution to registration.

@Tina: You can participate any dog show you want because the dog still is registered to official Finnish register. Well, at least we have participated international dog shows and one tracking competition :).
  • Wish we had something like that in Denmark...
  • So you don't have special register in Denmark :o? Hm, I could ask from the breeding committee's chairman if it possible to register dog who has foreign owner to this special register if the owner is member of Finnish Kennel Club.
  • It would be great. In Denmark they only accept dogs from Japan with JKC pedigree. And our Mokii has a UKC pedigree, wich was accepted by the AKC FSS register. I paid them to make a AKC-FSS pedigree, and them DKK accepted Mokii, but only her, not her ancestors, so she will never be able to become int. champion. Very sad for danish people. The Finnish kennel club is also a FCI member, it's really unfair.

It could never happen to get a KKA dog registrered in DK. I have tried to mail FCI, 8 times the last 11 months, but never get an answer. will keep on tryin, but this is not for the best of the rare breeds. Sad, sad, sad.