Shikoku vomitting?

Hi Everyone!

Panda will be turning one year old this Tuesday Feb 22 :) She's been doing great except for vomiting last week and this morning. So far I'm not too worried since it's only happened twice, but I just thought it was a little strange since she really never vomited before except once on a really long winding road trip and once when she ate her lunch too fast and vomited all her kibble up . . . but both those times were when she was much younger.

Let me describe it a little: Last Tuesday she refused her breakfast , which is normal for her. Sometimes she eats really well, but other days she doesn't want to eat in the morning and she ends up eating most of her am and pm rations at night. Anyways she refused her food that morning so I just took it away and she got her usual Kong in her kennel while I was at work. When I got home I noticed that she had vomited some yellow bile during the day. That was the first time.

The second time was this morning. She hadn't been fed her breakfast yet, and she just vomited some yellow bile at around 7am. To give a little context, she refused her breakfast yesterday. We were at my moms house yesterday from 2:30pm til 9:30pm and she was playing non-stop with my mom's dogs almost the whole time. I did force them to take a few breaks from their frantic play, but they were playing most of the time. I tried to feed Panda her dinner, but with all the excitment of being at my mom's house, she only ate a little. Now she's just resting and not being her hiper self, probably because she had so much play-time at my mom's house yesterday.

I was just wondering if anyone else here has dogs that have experienced something similar.

Comments

• Yes, both of my two will vomit on occasion, especially on an empty stomach (eg, early in the morning after a night of sleeping). It is always that biley green slime. They also are sporadic eaters and eat better at night (both rarely eat well in the morning).

I wouldn't worry too much, at least based on my experience.
  • Koda pukes up bile when his stomach is empty.
  • Mine use to do it alot. It stopped once I started giving then a couple of treats at bedtime.
  • That's a relief! Thanks everyone. I might try giving her a little snack before bedtime and see if that helps :)
  • You can also try giving over the counter pepsid if she skips a meal. I did that with Joey for a long time when he was erratically eating. Now that he gets raw, he eats better and vomits much less frequently. The correctly dosage is 0.25mg to 0.5mg per pound. I typically have just given Joey 10mg (he's 30 pounds) and he's been fine with that.