Blue Buffalo?

edited February 2011 in Food, Nutrition, & Health
I've been hearing quite a bit about Blue Buffalo dog food and was just wondering what you guys think about it?

Comments

• I have friends that feed the Basic formula. They like the basic BB formula over the Natural Balance LID formulas.

I never fed it myself though. You can always check out http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/
  • I just recently switched to Blue buffalo for Riki, Taro, and Yuki. They love it for sure. I have noticed more energ when out hunting and old Riki (14 years old) has more energy then ever before.
  • @jujee: Thank you for the link. :)
  • Gen, I'm glad to hear it. It's a good food--our dogs eat that and raw and Blue solved a lot of Solomon's health issues.
  • We use to feed Blue Buffalo to Kaia. The owner of the company seems to actually care where the ingredients for the food comes from, and I know when I supplier substituted ingredients in the past he dropped them and recalled the food when he found out and those products weren't put back out until he found a different supplier he was satisfied with.
    I did some marketing work for the company for about 2 years when they first were carried nationally in PetSmart. It seemed it helped a lot of dogs with skin/allergy issues, where I live this is a bigger issue than most people realize. There is a large amount of pollen and very fine dust in Vegas. If it's a plant at some point in time someone planted it in Vegas and most likely it's still here.

The ingredients seem pretty good, but something in it gave Toshi horrible gas. I've switch our dogs over to Honest Kitchen, which is a dehydrated food you add water to it. They still have kibble mainly for their teeth but they get Orijen now that a store in town carries it again. I did try one of Wilderness formulas and they both seemed to do well with it. I just don't like going to PetSmart and Petco much the dog food companies reps never leave me alone.