Autumn

edited February 2011 in Shiba Inu (柴犬)
Just thought Id share some pics of my little Shiba girl doing what she does best :) Hope you enjoy.

Baby Autumn
Photobucket

Autumn And her buddy Lexi
Photobucket
Photobucke
Photobucket
Photobucket

More of Autumn when we first got her :)
Photobucket

Too much excitement for the baby
Photobucket

A swimming Shiba!!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Comments

• Haha! Love the pictures of her swimming... :)
  • She's got such a mischievous look on her face!

And a Shiba making a water retrive? I never thought I'd see the day. :-)
  • I agree with Dave, a swimming/retrieving Shiba is very unusual! Very cute!
  • She is def one of a kind...we even taught her how to dock dive last summer. I am now really regretting I didn't get pics of that!! It was really cute. I have yet to have her do a smooth run all the time though. Most of the time she will run after the ball full force to the edge of the dock, put both of her paws off the edge in order to launch herself into the water. lol. It is the funniest thing I have ever seen...and you should see the expression of the big dog owners at the park whos dogs walk around the doc and into the water! I need a camera for that too!!

Hopefully Next weekend I will be putting up pics of Autumn and her new little brother (a Kai Ken)!!!! We are so excited! So stay tunes for those!...then maybe I can work on both of them this summer with the doc diving and remember my camera!!
  • I'm loving the water pics. That'd be awesome if you could train Dock Diving Nihon Ken!
  • @ShikokuSpirit Well Autumn is well on her way to being a dock diving Shiba...She does the run...pause (maybe to think if she really wants the ball that bad)...and launch style! haha. Its not a long pause maybe a second or two, which gets longer as she gets tired. I need to figure out out to just get her to run and launch every time....Oh well maybe this summer we can work on that.
  • It sounds like you're off to an amazing start with Autumn though, congrats! Don't forget to bring the camera for photos AND video this summer =].

I'm also looking forward on seeing photos of your upcoming Kai pup, how exciting. You must be so impatience...it's almost time!
  • @ShikokuSpirit Yes we are VERY excited about the new addition!! We are going to pick him up Friday! Hopefully Autumn won't be too mad at us :P
  • Awww cute. I love his brindle. Congrats on bringing him home :)
  • Autumn is really cute! :D Is she a little longhaired or are the pics just cheating me?

Would love to see pics of a dock diving shiba! My shepherd does exactly like you describe. Runs full speed, then stops to launch into the water... Haha!
  • Aw how cute! hehe both your dogs are adorable.
  • Aw! Cute!! Grats on bringing home Ziggy! :)
  • Thanks guys!! He is super cute...I am honestly just glad they both get along.

@Brego_mellon_nin. Autumn is medium haired I think. She does not have a long coat like some of the shiba pics I have seen online but it is def not a typical Shiba coat! I am kicking myself for not getting pics of her dock diving this past summer :( Maybe this summer we will get pics of both of the dogs dock diving! *crosses fingers*
  • Thats super cool, first time seeing a Shiba retrieve like that. Autumn would make a great bird dog for sure!
  • edited February 2011
    We would LOVE if Autumn would be a bird dog! That would be so cool! Maybe we will see what we can do with her this summer :)

More Autumn spam! while I (and when I say 'I' that really means my husband haha) upload some more pics for Ziggy off of the camera. lol

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g470/kait0585/Autumn/Picture079.jpg
    http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g470/kait0585/Autumn/Picture078.jpg
    http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g470/kait0585/Autumn/Picture081.jpg

Of course she wants to play with the BIGGEST stick in the dog park!
    http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g470/kait0585/Autumn/Picture036.jpg
    My Little fishy :)
    http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g470/kait0585/Autumn/Picture031.jpg
    http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g470/kait0585/Autumn/Picture029.jpg
  • Looks like she has the retrieve and the swimming gig down perfect so all you need to do is to see if she will tolerate loud noises and a dead bird. There are dead duck dummies that you can throw for Autumn to see if she will retrieve a fake dead duck.
  • Well I know she is not good with the noise. She jumps at load sounds. We have shot guns around her and she does NOT like it! :( If she could just get over that I think she could def do it. We have a toy pheasant for her which she loves...so maybe one day :) We are going to work with both the dogs this summer and maybe one of them/or both will take to the hunting!
    If anyone has any good tips on teaching a Shiba or Kai how to hunt :) Haha
  • Hi, just wondering......is Autumn mixed with anything? She's as cute as can be, but she just has a slightly different look to me. (but then again, I am SOOOO bad on recognizing differences in dog breeds. lol)
  • No she is a pure breed. She does have a few "defects" though. Like the longer under coat and she also has a pretty bad under bite. Although to me she is perfect :)

• Well she's a cutie for sure!!! I wish my pups would try to swim!! How much fun that could be for all of us! lol
  • Hello sorry for posting this kinda late, but autumn is a cute shiba inu I love B&T shiba. =)

Saya likes to swim and go on hikes that kind of thing Saya was walking in the shallow area by the creek She kept pawing at the rocks and leaves floating in the water.

Saya went swimming in a lake before she has a nice life jacket to keep her afloat since her back legs don't work too well due to her spine issue, but she paddles good with her front paws.

Glad she likes to dock dive sounds so cute post more pictures of her when you can.