Awkward breathing/panic attack? Hiccups maybe? Help?!

Sometimes after Hiko (7 months old) is done drinking or even when he wakes up from a nap; he has this weird panic attack-type thing. His breathing gets very shallow and it sounds like me when I get a panic attack from being claustrophobic (hopefully that helps you understand what it sounds like). The first time it happened, I panicked because I thought he was choking!

Any explanation?
Is he just eating and/or drinking too fast?

Comments

• Do you got a video of it?

Is it a reverse sneeze?

Look it up on you tube or something..

I'm not sure what it could be does he drink really fast?
  • No I don't have a video, he does it a few times a day. I'm sure I can catch him doing it.

It's kind of like a reverse sneeze... but shorter and he does it 8 times or so.

It sounds like he drinks and eats a normal "calm" pace...
  • Try and catch it on video.

It may be nothing, or it could be something. (I know, so helpful, right!)

If it persists or you are worried, take him to the vet to rule out any sort of respiratory infection or illness.
  • I don't think anything is wrong...
    Honestly there have been a few times my silly pup just sticks his face too far into the bowl and snorts water then makes the same noises, lol.

I haven't noticed any other possible symptoms...
    I just don't know if it's common.
  • Or if he's just silly.
  • My Toby does something like this....but it's more like this deep gasping breath, almost a honking sound....sounds kind of like someone trying to catch their breath if they have asthma. Toby, however, has inhalant allergies. Not sure to what, but honestly, he's worse when he's blowing his coat and there is a lot of his own hair around in his bed...he starts gasping. I can usually calm him down and clean things out for him and he's ok. Doesn't sound like that is what is going on with your guy....but it could be a reaction to an allergant.