Young female Kishu Ken available for adoption...

I have received word that there is a 10 month old spayed female Kishu Ken available for adoption.

She was sent back to the breeder due to not getting along with another female dog in her family. I have been told she should go to a home with one male dog or no other dogs. She is said to be very sweet tho, just maybe not so great in a home with another female.

If you're interested, email me. My email address can be found on my profile page: @BradA1878.

----

Comments

• Wow is this a dog here in the US? wonder if its a Kishu kennel dog?
  • Yes, she is here in the US, and yes she is one of Carleen's dogs. Carleen asked if I knew anyone who would be interested, I figured I did, and I figured the easiest (and fairest) way to find out if anyone was interested was to make this post.

----
  • Cool, I hope she gets a good home.
  • Somebody adopt this dog right away! if she is anything like Tomoe she'll make a GREAT addition to a family.
  • Hypothetically: Assuming I was financially situated and was in the right housing conditions, I would want to get her.
    Realistically: Once I finish law school, which is likely by the time I am 30 (over 5.5 years to go), then I would be more financially set.
  • All these wonderful dogs available! I hope she gets a new home soon!
  • I would totally take her if I didn't have such a busy school life :P maybe in a couple years...
  • I'll ask around and see if anyone is looking to add a Kishu female to their family.
  • Damn unfortunately I don't know anyone who would want one. Sucks...
  • I hope she finds a good home!
  • Well, I've got a female shikoku, so I'm out, even if I weren't going back to school this fall.
  • Dang. I'm going to be moving back to Oregon next month and my Mom's got two female dogs. A Kishu would be awesome to have but if she doesn't get along with girls that might cause some problems. I hope she finds a good home.
  • Man!!! It's really tempting for me to take her in....but I'm really sad to said she's probably not what I'm looking for right now. I hope she finds a good home soon.
  • Darn, the timing is just exactly wrong for us to bring a dog into our home. I hope that she finds a good home!
  • I know this is rather late given you started this thread a month ago, does the dog still need a home? One of the trainers where I take my dogs has mentioned recently she's interested in getting a Kishu or an Hokkaido. Ideally a Kishu as she is very into agility with her dogs. I believe she has two male dogs and no female dogs. I know Kaia lets other females know she's in charge right away, so I can see her around another female being an issue.
  • I have no idea, you can email Carleen and ask tho. :o)
  • Bump for a dog still looking for a home. Looks like Carleen is still looking for a home for this dog.
  • Bummers...no takers yet?
  • Hi All.....thanks for all the well wishes for finding a home for my Kishu Ken female. She is a lovely (stubborn) girl....very large for a female....already spayed, housebroken, and has been started on agility. She will be a great dog for someone.
    She ignores my other females, for the most part....I think her problem was with that particular female she lived with....a dominance issue....however, not taking any chances.....she should go to a home with a male dog or no other dogs, and someone with a little experience with dogs.
    Let me know if you have any possible takers who can pass my interrogation for getting a dog :-)) Carleen KishuKen1@aol.com

• Damn, she sounds wonderful! I'd love to have her, but unfortunately I have a female Shiba who is a bossy and unpredicatable little thing, and since I already have to keep one dog separate from the rest, I don't want to start with yet another! Hope she finds a place though..sounds like a great dog.
  • edited April 2011
    @Carleen Is she still available? I was telling my mom about her (I am convincing everyone that Nihon Ken dogs are the best hehe) since she is considering getting a dog. Any pictures of her?
  • Curious if she is still available...