Ayu

edited January 2011 in Kai Ken (甲斐犬)
Pretty Miss Ayu...

IMG_3986

Ayu

Ayu

----

Comments

• What a beauty...I really love her brindling, especially since one side has more red than the other side
  • She is pretty and very sweet too! I can't get over how loving she was at the meet! :)
  • edited January 2011
    Yes Ayu is very pretty. I like the coloration on her back legs, and how they are a bit different. I can't wait to see how her pups turn out.

And she's just as sweet as Kumi, a very lovable and social little girl.
  • She is definitely a beauty! Oh Kai fever!!!!
  • She is super sweet and definitely beautiful. It's so neat how she has so much more red on one side of her haha.
  • Oh, she is soooooo stunning! LOVE her brindle, it's really nice the way it varies on each side of her... Can't really say why, but she is one of my all time favorites ;)
  • This girl is a love. It's not everyday you come across a Kai that will try to climb up on your lap as you are sitting there crouching to pet her because she wants more. But I see through your ploy Brad. She's the decoy! You show her to everyone and then you sneak in a Nio:P j/k.

Jesse
  • Errik is asking for more Ayu pics :P She is definitely his favorite kai right now haha.
  • Tell Errik he should have come to the meet up in Long Beach! He could have seen her in person! :)
  • Haha yeah he is totally regretting not ditching work for it.
  • haha... Well, for the record, Jesse, Nio did a lot better than I expected! LMAO
  • Nio did so well with Mika at the meetup! I loved that they paused in the middle of play. He made me fall more in love with Kai! So did Ayu cause she was just so loving! They were both so great!
  • Check out Ayu's nice thick tail!

Ayu

Inoue-san would be pleased, I think. :o)

----
  • Wow, that tail is something!
  • I like the nice mask & headpiece on her too.
  • lovely girl!
  • Errik is hint hint nudge nudging you for a Ayu/Tyson pairing :P
  • I have to say, Ayu has got to be my favorite Kai, she is just too stunning
  • She is a beauty! People always comment about the red brindle coloring.
    These very special dogs!
  • Ayu is stunning, yes... But she is also uber-loving and friendly. I really like her.

An Ayu x Tyson breeding isn't a bad idea!

----
  • I'd pay bank for those pups.
  • I am so in love with Ayu. Even though she's only 1 of 2 kai I've ever met :P
  • I'm not much for "small dogs" but since Kai are AWESOME, I probably wouldn't mind having a female Kai Ken someday. They do make for easy transportation! I could carry an Ayu in my bag as my "pocket pet" fashion statement, LOL.

Although, I've been planning for a male because they are bigger and can help breeders out with their Kai Ken preservation efforts =].

I love, love, LOVE little Miss Ayu! Kumi is my next favorite female Kai. They have such sweet & fun-loving depositions AND they are very pretty.
  • LOL... Kai ken weigh more than Shikoku Ken! :oP
  • Corina you can try and carry my 53 pd. Kai in your purse. ha ha ha.

Ayu is a sweetheart. I have to say that Kumi and Ayu were the nicest dogs I have had the pleasure of meeting. They really welcome you into their home which is unlike my two.

My favorite part of Ayu is her back coloring.
  • She is unbelievable. The colouring is so nice, and her shape is very elegant, especially her face.
  • Great coat and tail, and I like the brindle coming into her mask.
  • edited February 2011
    @brada1878 - Brad, there are quite a few female Kai Ken that are short though! =p

"small dogs" - it's in quotation marks, lol! Some of the females seem kinda on the "petite" side in my opinion. They are very cute but a lot smaller then I had expected for a medium breed. Kai's tend to have that variablity in size though I've noticed.

@tjbart17 - Tara, I thought Mei Mei was 40 lbs?! I'm not going by weight but height. I wouldn't expect to carry around a male Kai in my bag unless he was a pup. I brought Shoushuu in a small duffle bag to the bookstore with me once, when he was a puppy.
  • She is just beautiful! And I love her tail...

Oh the Kai fever is burning! :)
  • @ShikokuSpirit Mei Mei is around 42 pds. But she does not have short legs. Koda is 53 pds. and tall. Mei is bigger than Kotomi, and more muscular. From what I've seen of your and Brad's Shikoku is that Kais are larger and have a sturdier build than Shikoku. The pics on here verify that for me as well. Ahi is definitely a pretty good size Shikoku, but I think I remember Brad and Jen saying that she was tall for the breed.