Sasha IS an attack dog

edited February 2008 in Other Breeds
Meaning guard dog.  We have had a lot of people in and out of our house the last few days, with me gone (prob didnt help).  Chad was in back with a yard guy and went to go inside to get Niko (she LOVES company).  The back door was locked so he had to go in front. Our alarm beeps when a door is open.  He opened the front door and Sasha came full force, full stripe, barking psychotically.  She headed down the front hall and saw it was chad and stopped, put on the brakes and skidded to him.  There are certain things that I dont stop Sasha from reacting to such as when the repair man was looking in the windows.  I want her to protect and know the difference of what is acceptable and what is not.  Im glad to know that she is protective yet will put the brakes on as soon as she knows it is safe.  I love my baby!

Comments

• edited November -1

Whenever there are people arguing or yelling outside, Piglet will walk to each door and bark loudly. I will say to her "Thank you Piggy, we're safe" she will then smile and go lie down. She knows she did her job and is proud of herself.

I think rescues especially, take having a job and protecting their family very seriously. As long as it is under control and they know when to "put on the brakes" I think it is really sweet. 

• edited November -1
    She will freak out and protect us from ANYTHING and we will stop her from many things so she knows that there is nothing to worry about but I dont want her to think that she should never protect us.  Sasha stripes at anything and Chad gets annoyed but he is starting to realize that it is not a bad thing.
  • edited November -1

I agree about ht e rescue thing - they really seem to value the family a lot more. Really, I think they value everything you do for them more.

We do the same with our dogs, reward them a bit for doing their job - but it has gotten a bit out of hand since we moved. Ahi just takes the job to the next level now, it a bit to much - so we are trying to curve that a bit.

Good for Sasha and Piggy tho, they would mos def make a good deterrent!

• edited November -1

Ninja is like that sort of.  He does these grunts whenever he hears ANYTHING while we are all up in the bedroom getting ready for bed.  Whenever Portia see's strangers around our home she barks until we tell her to stop or until they go away.  Just last night i left the front door open for them to potty and all of a sudden I hear Portia barking like crazy...I went to the front door and my neighbor from a few streets down was in our common area with his 2 shih tsu's.   Our community is kind of weird, there are like 6 townhomes per row and each has a common area and there are 5 rows on each side of the street.  I found it kind of odd that he was in my area when he lives down the street.  So Portia is sort of on or off.  Sometimes shes super protective, sometimes she doesn't even check whats going on.

What the hell here are some pics.

This is my front yard

This is the common area , my house is at the very end on the right with the light on.

This is what my street looks like

Its pretty dark so I don't know if you guys can see.  But yea...weird layout. 

Dude whats wrong with me today....I want to take pictures of everything!