KKA Tenrankai 2010 Fall

edited November 2010 in Kai Ken (甲斐犬)
So Sunday was the KKA Tenrankai (exhibition). There's one every Spring and Fall. It was a beautiful day though it did end up getting a little warm for the dogs. I took all of mine with me as it's a long trip out and I wasn't sure what time I'd get home. As it goes, it was a good thing I did. We ended up in a 50km traffic jam on the way home.

There's not really much to say about the day. I guess I've been to quite a few Tenrankai's now, and this one rolled on as they all do. There seemed to be a few less dogs/onlookers than usual, probably due to the fact that they had to postpone it a week because of the typhoon that rolled through on the 31st.

I was happy to be there though. Did manage to see a male that I really liked, and getting to hang out with friends is always a pleasure. At lunch I was invited to several BBQ's hosted by friends, one of whom whipped up a terrific stew filled with boar that I had given him a couple weeks ago.

Without further ado, here are some pictures.

Hana, a friend's female and dam to a pup (Kumi) that went overseas earlier this year. She was entered in the overall champion category, but unfortunately did not win.

DSC_0451

2 young males, siblings out of a litter born at a friend's kennel

DSC_0461

The male on the right in the last picture. I prefer him to his brother.

DSC_0470

DSC_0488

Mao, a friend's male, and sire to a pup that went overseas earlier this year.

DSC_0504

A couple of big game hunting Kai owned by a friend.

DSC_0519

Someone was falling asleep in the ring.

DSC_0538

Eishin, a friend's male and former overall champion. He is also the sire of two pups that went to the States last week (Ayu/Tora).

DSC_0573

Eishin in the ring.

DSC_0582

Kokushin, a famous stud male. He's 11 years old.

DSC_0598

DSC_0603

This pup is the sister of Kibou, a pup that went to the States earlier this year.

DSC_0615

A shot of her brindle.

DSC_0626

Smile for the camera.

DSC_0629

A very light colored Kai. Not the greatest coloration, but wanted to show an unusual dog.

DSC_0631

The ring.

DSC_0632

DSC_0634

I haven't seen a male that I really liked in a while. This guy took 3rd in the young male category. I think he was amazing.

DSC_0645

DSC_0663

The male in first place. Yawn... too easy he seems to be saying.

DSC_0654

Mount Fuji was clearly visible.

DSC_0679

DSC_0681

Long tongue.

DSC_0683

DSC_0686

DSC_0700

A good friend showing his male, Boss. He took 4th in the adult male category.

DSC_0711

Overall champion this year.

DSC_0720

Comments

• Nice shots!!! Thanks for sharing! :) ~
  • Those are some great looking kai...nice to see who's related to Brad's pups
  • I am loving Kais more and more each day. You and Brad definitely aren't helping lol.
  • edited November 2010
    I'm with you, I like this pup too:
    http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4131/5156419373_6af0699ba7.jpg
    Nice chest and head on him.
  • Dang there are sooo many good looking Kais. I really hope one day I can own a good hunting Kai. I think two Kishu and a Kai would be super!
  • @brada1878 I think he might be a little bit short in the torso, but I still like him. He's very closely related to Tora (Ogawa-san's young aka-tora).
  • @ Brad and Walrus: I like the last male also. Humm....I don't know, if he is short in the torso then what about the overall champion above, he looks just as short if not shorter in his pose? Hard to say in a picture though, you have a better idea since you were there to see them live.

Snf
  • I am pretty much in love with them all. Hana is really cute, and I like Eishin a lot.

I'm thinking that a Chu-Tora is my favorite color.
  • I like Eishin, too. Not really used to seeing such a huge front on the other male though.

Was there a Tyson sibling at the show?

Is Eishin Tyson's father?
  • edited November 2010
    What an amazing gathering of great looking kais!

Wauw I really like Eishin too, his expression is wonderful and his coat is really deep and intensely colored. Is he a chutora?
  • Tyson's father is Tone No Isshin. He's got some of the same blood as Eishin. None of Tyson's siblings were there, just a Kibou sibling.

Eishin is a chu-tora, but the red in his coat is a really nice deep color.
  • He is really beautiful! The deep red in his brindle is awesome!
  • beautiful dogs. Thank you Shigeru! I always check your kai threads. Well worth my limited time online! Eishin is fantastic...
  • Very beautiful. Thank you for sharing! :)
  • Eishin is also my favorite colored Kai Ken; "chu-tora". If I'm ever to acquire a Kai someday, I want one just like him =].