I met Kumi's sire! Musashi!!!

edited November 2010 in Kai Ken (甲斐犬)
I got to meet Musashi in person and have lunch with his breeder (Okabe-san), it was a great time. Musashi is just as handsome in person as he is in photos, he's a real "stud" of a dog... He's also kinda cute. :o)

It was neat to see what traits Kumi got from him and what traits she got from her mother. She mos def got Musashi's nice thick coat and build. What Kumi didn't get, thankfully, was Musashi's distate for me. LOL ... Yea, he didn't really like me, but that's ok, I'm used to that as a lot of dogs don't love me at first. Kumi loves me tho. :o)

Here are the pics I got of him...
Musashi

Musashi

Musashi

Musashi

Musashi

Musashi
^^This one shows hom much he liked me. LOL :o)

And a video of him, nothing amazing, but still neat to see...

----

Comments

• I waaaant, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want!!!! ;P

He's sooooooo gorgeous!!!!
  • He is gorgeous! And I bet it was pretty amazing to see him in person!

So... This Kai bug... It is super contagious! Good thing it is going to be a few years before I can add another dog to my pack... Just enough time for you to really get going with the Kai army! ;-)
  • What a handsome dog! He really is something special. :D
  • Wow, he looks amazing! It's awesome that you got to meet Kumi's sire :]
  • He really is a good looking dog.

Mine can be the same way. Smart and stubborn. If koda doesn't like someone there's no turning back. He can be a real ass for no reason. Lol.
  • Yup, Musashi is a stud of a Kai.
  • edited November 2010
    He is soo cool. His tail is super bushy! Does she hunt and show in conformation shows, I can't remember if it's been posted in previous posts.
  • Yes, Okabe-san hunts his Kai Ken, and Musashi is one of them he hunts. I dunno how much Musashi has been shown tho - maybe Shigs can answer that for us.
  • What a handsome boy, I am really loving how fluffy his tail is, and you can really get an idea of the thickness of his coat in that video
  • If I had the foresight and the money, I would have asked for a cheek swap sample from Musashi for UC-Davis DNA coat color testing. Just to see if it's possible to find out what creates his coloring/patterning.
  • edited November 2010
    Can get you a sample anytime... :)

As far as Musashi showing, I've seen him at least twice. Problem is (as Brad knows) Musashi gets extremely car sick, it's really hard to show him because of this.

And yeah, Musashi was not happy about meeting Brad at all.
  • edited January 2013
    I had to search this. I was just walking Mika when she got up on her hind legs interested in a bird. Then she stood in a highly exaggerated stacking position.

I've been trying to figure out who she looks like, not all her mom and not Ritsu. She looks like Musashi as another color.
  • She has his tude too.
  • Saw this and thought someone else met him.. haha

Love seeing the pictures of him again such a nice color.