22nd Annual Beikoku Shiba Inu Aikokai Specialty Show

edited February 2008 in General

The 22nd Annual Beikoku Shiba Inu Aikokai Specialty show will be held on Sunday, March 9, 2008 at South Gardena Park in Gardena, California.  

We welcome all spectators, including the four footed variety.

-------------------------

The show is scheduled to start at 9am. I hope to see a few of you there with your dogs! 

Unfortunely, there will not be any food served, except for Bento boxes, but you have to order and pay for those in advanced! There are, however, resturants and other food places nearby to go for lunch. Or please feel free to bring your own picnic if you like -smiles-.

Comments

• edited November -1
    Lol I grew up in Gardena. Oooo it's a Sunday so Errik is off of work. We will be there! :D
  • edited November -1

Jen and I (maybe even my bro) plan to be there w/ some pups... but if its a Shiba thing, will they be ok with us bring Shikoku and/or Kai?

• edited November -1
    John works in Gardena!  Ill have to ask him if he knows where that is.  We live about 45 mins away.  I would love to bring Portia and Ninja to meet you guys.  And I would absolutely LOVE TO MEET YOU AND YOUR PUPS!  Do you need to buy tickets or anything in advance?  Or is it an event open to the public?  Sounds exciting!
  • edited February 2008

Uh..oh...I'm gonna have to tell Katja to get ready for her boat full of dogs :P

I get to meet Corina, Brad, Romi...and of course their puppies? Imma gonna be in heaven :D

Edit : Corina do you know what time it usually ends? We have a powwow @ Cal State Long Beach on the same day that we have to go to.

• edited November -1
    Cry
  • edited November -1
    Rachael, you guys should come!  Just take a little road trip...its only like a 30 hour drive right? lol.  
  • edited November -1

LMAO

How far is it from Santa Rosa?  Got family there... 

• edited November -1

About 7 hours .... Undecided

• edited November -1

See it's not that long of a drive :P

• edited November -1
    Grrrr....not fair...I feel like the kid that gets picked last on the dodge ball team...dont know why....Undecided
  • edited November -1
    Aww :( *gives you chocolate covered strawberries*
  • edited November -1
    We have an extra room in our house....but there's no bed, its just empty.  i have some couches in my living room!
  • edited November -1
    We plan to make the trip (12 hours, maybe quicker) in my STi... me Jen, Ahi, Kona and Loa... do you think the dogs will eat us? I mean, that is way more dog than people in that little car. lol!
  • edited November -1
    I wish I lived closer!  Oh yeah, I also wish I wasn't practically house-ridden due to pregnancy problems. Undecided  Someone better take lots of pictures, that's for sure.
  • edited November -1

LMAO brad...I think Ahi will be the lone survivor.  Jen will be one gulp with her tiny self.

Heidi how far along are you? 

• edited November -1
    Rachael, I'm 26 weeks along (due on May 9th).  It feels like I have to wait an eternity!
  • edited November -1

LOL Brad!  I bet Loa and Ahi will be in the backseat and Jen will have to carry Kona in the front seat with her.  Im sure they will be sleeping most of the time....but if they get rowdy...oh man...you're going to look like you're drifting on the road!  BTW, where are you guys planning on staying?  Or are you guys just going straight to the show and then heading back home when it ends?

Heidi - Hang in there!  You only have 3 months left!  You guys must be so excited for your new bundle of joy.  Do you know if its a boy or girl?

As for food,  John works in Gardena and he said he knows a lot of Japanese places with outdoor seating area's where we can take our dogs along...if anyone's interested...I can ask him for the names of the places and see if they have an online menu or something.

• edited November -1

We have no idea where to stay. Undecided  We had considered staying with my brother, he lives in West Hollywood, but he said that his place has a strict no pet policy - he figured we could hide one pup but not three. We will arrive Friday and leave Monday. So we are looking into it. Any suggestions?

BTW - Japanese food sounds great! We don't have any good Asian food places in Taos - it hurts. (which is kinda strange since there is a large Buddhist community)

----

Also, I should warn anyone we are going to meet at the event - Ahi has zero manners. She has had more obedience training than any of our other dogs (which is to say she has had a lot of obedience training)... but she still has no manners - she's a lost cause. So please be prepared for her to jump on you, lick your face aggressively and generally violate you - of course we will do our best to control her. (Rachael can provide more detail on this - Ahi has violated her and "The Chad" on many occasions)

Also she tends to be pretty vocal w/ other dogs - but its all talk - she's a grump.

• edited November -1
    LMAO I love Ahi but it took awhile to understand that she wasnt trying to kill me.  My whole arm has been in her mouth so many times but no marks.  It is very easy to be caught off guard by her massive amazing personality but she is a crazy lover.  Chad LOVES to rough house with her and her psycho antics.  Dont be scared of the Ahi monster but be prepared!
  • edited November -1
    Basically she will treat you the exact same way she treats the pups in the video....just standing up....Wink
  • edited November -1
    lol - that was perfect Rachael! I could not of explained it better myself.  :c)
  • edited November -1

Wow, that is exactly like Rakka!  I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one.  I've actually managed to get her to sit quietly for certain people when they come over, but she has to learn it for every person.  She figures she can get away with anything if it's someone new. Tongue out  Also, when I invite her up for a snuggle it quickly turns into a violation fest and I have to push her off me.  What a nut.

Romi - We don't know if it's a boy or girl.  We tried to find out but they couldn't tell on either of the two ultrasounds we had (which statistically means it's more likely to be a girl).  I really wanted to know but if I want anymore ultrasounds I have to start paying for them now.  I'm still debating on whether it's worth it to shell out $100 to find out or if I'll just wait!    (BTW, sorry for hijacking the thread, folks) 

• edited November -1

I'm glad to know another Shikoku acts like that too! I thought Ahi was just a bad seed. lol! Ahi will not snuggle, ever.

Loa will snuggle anytime, anyplace.

• edited November -1
    Wink
  • edited November -1
    Brad, im not sure of any places that will allow 3 dogs in 1 room.  Usually they only allow 1 dog per room.  Im sure if you go to a not so fancy hotel/motel you can just sneak the other 2 in.  There is a place in costa mesa that is pretty secluded from the front office.  Its called the Cozy Inn.  I think the prices range from 60-70 per night.  I think you can get away with bringing 3 dogs into this place.  here is their website http://www.cozyinn.com/#Location/Contact .  Its pretty close to the beach too!   If worst comes to worst, like i was telling Rachael, I have couches in my living room. hehehe.  Im really excited to meet you guys and Ahi, Loa, and Kona!!!
  • edited November -1

candlewood suites (subsidiary of holiday inn) allows dogs. They do not seem to have a limit so long as they are all under 70lbs.

I have taken Moto and Piglet there. And asked if when I have 3 dogs if there would be a problem. They said as long as they were quiet, no problem at all.

Try them. 

• edited November -1

Thanx for the help guys! Jen is looking into it, we have always stayed Best Westerns because most of them allow dogs - but she is gonna check with some of the more swanky places too and see if they would allow 3 pups.

We will mos def check out Candlewood Suites - but the Cozy Inn says it doesn't allow pets anymore. Undecided

Also, Romi, thanx for offering your couch - that very nice... but I wouldn't wish that on anyone. lol! Two Shikoku and a Kai Ken... lol... You would hate us after that!

• edited November -1

That would be interesting...I think Ninja might actually kick Ahi's ass! hehe (in his own home)

BTW to anyone meeting Brad and Jen....You may think they are nice on the boards but be prepared....they are MEAN!  Tongue out

• edited November -1
    Lol to everyone meeting me, I'm just creepy :P
  • edited November -1

Rina - For some reason "creepy" doesn't surprise me.... I mean, didn't you name one of your cats after Jeffrey Dahmer?

Rachael is right tho, we are really mean - especially Jen, she is super mean.