RIP Tonkatsu and Bacon

edited July 2010 in Hunting & Working
Well with the last few months training Taro on live hogs, Taro has been doing really well. From what I can see it seems that he is some what of a started dog. Last weekend I took the hogs and Taro for a mock hunt and he did super well.

I ended up puting the hogs down at the end because they out grew their pen's and not much use in keeping them around. Taro will now go up to a hunting ranch and I will start training him on actual wild pigs.

For those that missed out on the training dont worry, I will be getng more in the very near future.

Another great thing is now I have over 160lbs of pork in the freezer! I will spare every one the gory photos of them being gutted out and skinned. I have some video footages of Taro going after the hogs and once I can figure out how to separate them, I will post them up.

Comments

• edited November -1
    160 pounds! Damn dude. You still have my address right? ;-)

I'm glad to hear Taro is progressing. I need to follow your example and get Ty started ASAP.
  • edited November -1
    Right on Dave, once the "stuff" is ready, I will send some your way. You will get fresh stuff so it should be perfect for Ty.
  • edited November -1
    You can't share the stories without the pictures and videos! Lol
  • edited November -1
    And if you need somewhere to send the leftovers, I know a guy...:)
  • edited November -1
    For sure Kevin, we been eating some good pork about 4 times a week. We just had some ribs glazed in honey BBQ. We got a crap load of breakfast sausage and italian sausage also so we been eating like.....pigs.

I would put the photo's up but I think its a bit graphic so if every one is cool with it then I will post em up. I ended up using my AR15 to put them down since the first shot from a 38 special didn't do the job really well.
  • edited November -1
    Put'em up! Just give a little warning for any unsuspecting souls.
  • edited November -1
    Ditto.
  • edited November -1
    Or You can instead post a link to a web album of these pictures, if you worry about people not paying attention to the warning
  • edited November -1
    I think most NK owners are familiar with gutted animals ;oP Haha...