Big Eddy Float Coat review

edited June 2010 in Products & DIY
Last Saturday me, my mom, and Saya went to Carmal, IN to get Saya's life jacket and have some fun.

Went to Orvis they didn't have anything. We bought some treats and a puppia harness for Saya at Three dog bakery, walked around for a bit and then got Saya's life jacket at this hiking,kayaking type store. I got her a size small and it fits pretty good.

She met a year old pit bull, mix breed, puppy, dachshund, and a big lab mix she greeted all the dogs really well and in the sports place where we got her life jacket she got a little snarky with the female lab that was off leash in the store I'm guessing she was the store mascot or something no one got hurt and the lab left Saya alone after that she did meet a young male lab in the store which she did great with.. The sales man thought Saya was a Pomeranian.. lol

After shopping we stopped at a local bar/restaurant and ate on the outside eating area it was really nice there they had dog bowls and water for the dogs so Saya drank some and slept while we ate. she got a three dog bakery treat once we were done for being good. =)

Funny thing when we were leaving in the car we saw a red shiba inu oh man he was a cute dog I wished we were there when he was around I'd loved to meet another shiba inu up close.. lol

I really love the life jacket and the ruffwear dog back packs are really nice I plan to get Bella one for camping and hiking next time.

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Now for my review:

While the big eddy float coat is more expensive than the portage float coat I think it was well worth it the life jacket seems like it'll last me for a long time and it's built really nicely even has a thing to put a flashing light attachment on the life jacket to make it even more noticeable at dark.

I didn't buy the light thing I don't think I'll be on a boat or swimming at night..

Last Sunday we went to the lake house and went swimming this will be Saya's second time swimming the first time she had a petsmart life jacket on that I borrowed from my cousin though the petsmart life jacket did a good job on keeping Saya afloat I feel the ruffwear one is a better buy and more durable.

Saya's second time swimming was great she did just fine maybe even better and the life jacket did it's job kept her floating.

No pictures of Saya swimming sorry. =(

I plan to go swimming someday in our pond so I'll get my mom to take some nice pictures of her swimming. I think she'll like the pond better since it doesn't have too much of a wave.

Saya is an odd shiba inu she seems to enjoy swimming no screaming or whining.

Here is some pictures of Saya modeling her life jacket and a pic of her wearing her new harness.
  • edited November -1
    Saya is so adorable! I love her modeling pics.

This review came at a good time. I'm not sure if Maymay fell in the pool yesterday or jumped in, but the report from my niece and dad who were watching the kids yesterday said she came in soaking wet and all excited. I am going to see how she swims this weekend with me, but if she does like the water I want to get her a life jacket for Lake Tahoe just in case she decides to jump in.
  • edited November -1
    LOL Silly Maymay! I hope she likes the water. Even if I had a dog that can swim without the life jacket it makes me feel better knowing they have it on just in case.
  • edited November -1
    Not ever owning a spitz type breed it scares me a little. I'm not sure why. I protect my Kais more than I have ever felt like protecting any other dog I have had. I think it's their sensitivity that gets me in mom mode. :-)
  • edited November -1
    LOL Yeah same here. Saya is my first spitz breed I've always wanted a husky or something, but I finally got Saya which everyone thinks she is a husky or a Pomeranian.. lol

Saya is such a drama queen she screams or whines at the weirdest of things. I was so surprised when she got in the water she didn't scream.. lol

I don't think Saya could swim good without the life jacket she doesn't kick her back legs. I'm thinking she has a minor HD or something because she bunny hops when she runs or walks fast when she walks she walks normal, but not kicking while swimming is weird..

She did start to kick some when I was poking her feet under water so maybe she'll do it who knows.. She swam pretty good.