Shiba needing Rescue in Florida

edited June 2010 in Rescue
This was posted by Curlytails on the Shiba Forum:

Got this message from the Basenji Rescue and Transport (BRAT) volunteer list:

---
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 19:45:05 -0500
Subject: BRAT-CHAT: Shiba Inu Help Needed

The reason I'm addressing this to BRAT is I know you guys are really resourceful and can maybe aim me in the right direction.
I volunteer at the local county animal shelter, a shelter that, for want of a better term, "processes" almost a thousand animals a month, in a county populated with only 160,000 people. This is a kill shelter with a very high rate of euthanasia. The shelter currently has a little female Shiba Inu, who was picked up as a stray on May 25. I have been trying to locate Shiba Inu rescue and have sent off 2 emails to different addresses and received no responses. One went to rescue@shibas.org , and the other to elizkam@aol.com , a Florida group I think.

Below is a copy of the email:

The Bay County Animal Shelter, of Panama City, Florida, has in it's possession a female Shiba Inu. This is a high kill shelter and they will not be able to hold this dog much longer. She is approximately 4 years old, white, and has a skin condition her back that is healing nicely with topical treatment. She has been in their custody since May 25, and is only being kept alive this long to give me a chance to find a rescue for her. Her chances of adoption are extremely low. Information on her can be found here: http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/16522810 . It also provides shelter contact information.

My name is Sharon Rosenberger, and I am just a volunteer, but I am trying very hard to save this sweet little dog. You can contact me at this email address, or call at (850) 624-6684.

I can provide pictures.
Can anyone here point me in the right direction?
Thanks in advance!
Sharon

Comments

• edited November -1
    See update on this girl on the Shiba Forum side. Things appear to be looking up for her.