Nesting?

edited January 2008 in General
So I got news a few days ago that my next puppy was born and ever since then I've had an intense desire to go the pet store and buy stuff. I don't have any particular stuff in mind, I just want to buy stuff. Has anyone else had this nesting instinct kick in for them or am I just weird?

Comments

• edited November -1
    Lol it's not just you. Before the arrival of any animal I have, I tend to get carried away at the pet store and buy the store out. Congratulations on your puppy!
  • edited November -1
    My puppy hasn't even been born and I bought her tags and leash and a couple harnesses. So yes, I understand completely.
  • edited November -1
    I am completely on the same wavelength. I've been searching for brushes and combs and food and beds and screens for the windows...loads of stuff!
  • edited November -1
    I know what you mean!  When I was waiting for Tojo, I'd go to the petstore all the time.  Sometimes I'd just look at all the supplies without even buying anything.  The same thing happens when you're pregnant, by the way.  I'm expecting right now and I'm pretty obsessed with getting things ready.  I guess there's a mother deep inside all of us.  
  • edited November -1

I had Niko's Kennel all set up before she was even born with tons and tons of toys and everything that I DIDNT need.

I think that the title of this thread is too funny...Good laugh Dave!

How is my Lucy? Any pics of Joey yet?

• edited November -1

Rachael: Lucy has been doing just fine. Super duper tired after the marathon play date and then another long afternoon/night in a strange house while I was working on a paper with my coauthor. She spent all day yesterday and today sleeping very soundly. It seems trips to strange houses triggers three or four days of lethargy in her which concerns me on some level. I'm sure by tomorrow she'll be running the 500s around the bedroom again though.

Joey pictures are still not here. I'm very very frustrated. I just keep trying to convince myself that good things come to those who wait!

• edited November -1

oh man, this happens everytime... Undecided

• edited November -1

Talking about nesting:

We've already bought loads of stuff for both the dog and the cat. The cat WC thingy, the cat transporter box, doggy seatbelts and car seat cover, among several others, including a furminator on ebay, for pretty much half the price i would get it around here. We also bought these frames with a net screen so we're able to keep the windows open and at the same time, keep both pets in (we live on a 5th floor) and mosquitos and other bugs out. Very handy.

And the nesting continues...Laughing

• edited November -1
    Tell me about it. I'm going absolutely nuts!