Hunting in the rain.......again

edited March 2010 in Hunting & Working
Now that I had shift change at the PD, I have weekdays off so I decided to hit the hills today. The rain was steady until about 7am so it wasn't too bad. Taro and I worked the river bed and Taro was able to kick up a smaller sized sow. The pig jumped into the river and I think it got washed away. Taro followed about half way into the river but soon came back.

We walked about another 5 miles or so without seeing much. I spotted a sraggly lloking Coyote running up a hill. I put the 300 yard pin on my scope on its back but the shot was a bit too low and missed. So the yote got away.

Got back to the truck and drove up to a private property to shoot my new AR-15. By this time the rain began falling harder and by the time I got to about 6500 feet, a bit of sleet came down. So I got to lapp the barrel and fire off about a 100 rounds out of my new gun without a single malfuntion (I built it my self).

All in all it was a slow easy day but it sucks that it only rains on my days off.

Comments

• edited March 2010
    More pics Taro near the river watching the pig swim down stream.
  • edited November -1
    Taro has grown!!
  • edited November -1
    He is a tank! Taro is looking good.
  • edited November -1
    Taro! Get those ears up! Of course I'd have to say NK look puppy cute when they're floppy. I've got a friend who's hunting Shikoku's ears never went up, and while he's a great hunter it's hard to take him seriously!
  • edited November -1
    It doesn't look so bad at all! At least it wasn't pooring, heavy rain =). Taro is looking good still, hopefully he gets those cute ears of his up soon.
  • edited November -1
    Whoa. He really has grown. I'm glad he didn't get washed away in that river too!
  • edited November -1
    He's a big boy alright. The ears make him look a bit goofy but hey as long as he hunts, thats all that matters. Usually the ears are half up but I caught him when he's upset at me for taking my time walking up the trail. He is starting to fill in a bit and I think he will probably be the biggest Kishu I have ever had. His adult teeth just started to show a few days ago and I have started him on pig feet.

He still has some issues knowing his place in the pack and he likes to piss off the older dogs. But thats probably because he's a puppy and he just wants to play.

Well I will be taking him on a pig hunt on a private game preserve so stories and photos to come soon.