The Super Fantastic Pacific Northwest Shikoku Puppy Road/Ferry Trip Updated with Spam !!

Yea!!!! My husband and I are headed up to Katja's on Wednesday to pick up the puppies. We'll be crashing at her house for the night. On Thursday we're bringing all three puppies back with us across the border. Canada passed legislation to combat puppy mills. Persons now have to use pet transportation companies or brokers to send puppies via air now. Which mean lots more money to send puppies. So we are putting the two girls on planes in Seattle to ease the price. So wish us luck on our journey. :D!!!!!!! And wish Kris and Winston good weather luck so there are no flight delays or cancellations.

I will take as many good pictures and videos as possible. :)

Comments

• edited November -1
    Have a fun & safe trip!

Tons of photos & videos pls! :) ~
  • edited November -1
    Can't wait to see some spam!
  • edited November -1
    Weather looks good for Friday travel to PA (sunny and 45 degrees), a big improvement over last Friday (big snow storm and flight delays)
  • edited November -1
    Let the photo's come, looking forward to them!
  • edited November -1
    Cool, have a safe trip and post a crap load of pictures!
  • edited November -1
    Can't wait to see some Spam of the event:)
  • edited November -1
    Thanks guys!! I've had a fixed smile on my face the past day and a half. I don't know how I am going to fall asleep tonight.....
  • edited November -1
    Yeaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!! I am so excited for you. You must post lots and lots of pics!!!
  • edited November -1
    Oh hey! Would you look at that... Today is Wednesday! :)

Hope the travel went well, Jessika (and husband!)... And we are looking forward to seeing some pictures of the pups!

Best of luck to Kris and Winston's pups as they head eastward! (And if you happen to 'accidentally' put them on a flight to VA, I will be happy to pick them up for you!)
  • edited November -1
    Where's that smiley face drooling LOL I can't wait to see the baaaabieees
  • edited November -1
    yeah Everyone!!

The trip has been great so far. Where to begin?!?! Katja and George are great!!! Wonderful people! Well we showed up last night and was first introduced to Yomato. He is a new 12-week old Japanese import that is co-owned by Katja and Peggy. Very sweet red sesame boy who will eventually go and live with Peggy. He was just full of shikoku kisses, pretty laid back and chill. He loved playing and hording his toys. :) After dinner we went and visited the newest litter. This is suppose to be Yana's last litter and was sired by Kuma. Yana was pretty cool with letting us handle her puppies. Then we finally went to see the older trio, Yasha, Sachi and Mika. Sachi was nicknamed Dora the Explorer by George, lol, she is very inquisitive and full of energy. She will definitely keep Kuma busy. Mika, the black and tan, is the sweetest, sweetest girl, very laid back and chill. Inuyasha seemed timid at first but warmed up and loves giving kisses. I would say the whole litter is quite sweet and will make great family pets. Oh before I forget, I got an update on Ishi, he found a forever home is Ottawa a few months ago. :)

The next morning I was able to take a few pictures and a bunch of videos. My camera is not great for quickly moving objects, so it was hard to get good pictures.

So you all know that a shikoku puppy does not take well to car drives......So Inuyasha threw up first, about half a mile from katja's house, so we stopped and switched out training pads, then both Mika and Sachi threw up, so we stopped and switched out training pads again......then they all threw up again and were drooling all over each other. Lots of drool...lots of cleaning..on the way to Seattle. Poor puppies, we had to stop and pick up training pads, cause we ran out of them. :( They were really quite in the car and I love holding them cause they just go limp in your arms.

Oh one thing I noticed, is that they take after their father, with a shorter snout.

ok ok on to spam: (none of these photos are edited)

This is the crate in the car....

DSC02017

one of the ferries to Vancouver Island...

DSC02042

Sweet Yomato...

DSC02055

DSC02058

DSC02064

DSC02099

DSC02110

One of new puppies...

DSC02071

The pictures came out better in the morning due to light...

Mika and InuYasha

DSC02117

Mura..

DSC02126

Sachi loves her shoe...

DSC02139

InuYasha:

DSC02142

DSC02148

puppy scuffle...

DSC02145

car ride...

DSC02154

they eventually passed out...

DSC02161
  • edited November -1
    now some videos, YEAH!!!! (ignore the conversation...lol...:o)

Puppies playing

puppies love shoes..

Mika and Sachi

This was Kimi being chased by her puppies...

Mike was pretty excited...

Aiko is a very pretty girl, sweet and shy...

Kuma is a stud....

This is Mike and Sachi,

Precious shikoku puppies

Sweet Yomato...

This is Yana and her puppies...

• edited November -1
    lastly I would strongly recommend that anyone getting an Akashima/shikoku puppy should go up and visit, Katja and George are wonderful, the island is beautiful, and the shikoku are very excited and happy to see you. It is an overall great experience.
  • edited November -1
    Looks like a great trip! And all that spam. Damn! I'm on overload right now.
  • edited November -1
    oh i forgot to mention, I LOVE my puppy, he is PERFECT. Worth the wait.
  • edited November -1
    OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in HEAVEN!!!! Thanks so much Jess, it was like being right there with all of you!!

Have a safe trip, & remember, ship some puppies to me down here :p ~
  • edited November -1
    I'm dying from the cuteness!!! I'm actually speechless because I am just so in awe of them all. Koda's not though...the puppies barking got him to groan out of annoyance. He's trying to sleep on my lap while I'm oohing and aawing.

Hey Tara, One of those pups is yours!!!
  • edited November -1
    Good to see Yamato doing well. Both his breeder and I liked him the most out of the litter. Was sad seeing him off at the airport, but I'm sure he'll do great over there. The other pups are cute as well, and congrats on the pup!
  • edited November -1
    Oeps, need to plan a day to watch all that cute and funny stuff. How nice they are!!!
  • edited November -1
    Thanks for all the photos/video Jess! I feel like I was there :-)

Now the long....all day long...wait for Sachi to arrive....
  • edited November -1
    Oh my, what great stuff! I am on overload with the photos and videos.

Pardon me, but I've lost track of who is getting which puppy...Recap please?
  • edited November -1
    Kris-the whole litter is really sweet, Sachi is full of energy!!

Gail- Kris is getting the red sesame girl Sachi, Winston is getting the Black and Tan girl Mika and I have the Black Sesame male InuYasha.

Off to the airport in a few hours. I am going to miss the girls.....

oh I LOVE Yomato, very sweet and cool guy.
  • edited November -1
    wow - lots of great vids! Thank you for sharing - congrats on your pup too, they are all so cute! :o)

Yana allowing you guys that close to her whelping box is amazing. Masha would have killed everyone in that room if they got that close to her pups.

----
  • edited November -1
    Great spam!

I love Aiko, she is my favorite. So gorgeous.
  • edited November -1
    Great spam Jessika all the shikas are beautiful...congrats !
  • edited November -1
    Winston is going to have fun fielding questions from people who know about B&T Shibas. (Is that a big B&T Shiba???)Mika is a lovely girl.
  • edited November -1
    Awww! such cute Shikoku pups! When it's time for me to get my shikoku I plan to visit to pick my pup up I'm just crazy worried about shipping a pup over airplane, but the extremely long drive would be worth it seeing the pups parent's and the other dogs too.

Please post more pictures when you receive your pups they are so cute!
  • edited November -1
    Thanks for the spam! :) And can not wait to see more spam from when the other two get to their homes! (*hint hint*)

Wishing a very safe flight for both girls!

And congrats on FINALLY getting your puppy, Jessika!
  • edited November -1
    Amazing!

Lynx and I had a great time when we visited Katja and George a few years ago. I LOVE it there. Can't wait to visit again (but will probably leave Lynx home next time, lol. Maybe just take the Shikoku).

Thanks for the most excellent spam! And CONGRATS on your puppy!
  • edited November -1
    Wow, awesome spam:) I can't wait to cuddle my own Shika pup and watch the boys interrogate her, lol