Japanese akita

edited February 2010 in General
Anne,

If you have a free moment give me a call (310)594-3606 I think I have a line on your friends JA that she rescued.

-Sean

Comments

• aykayk
    edited April 2015
    I won't be able to call out until after work, but if you like, you can contact Patty. Her email is calif_dreamer4@hotmail.com and her cell phone is -.
  • edited November -1
    I will do that. Lots of info but here is the long and short of it.

Minn who was at the show has a Japanese Akita which might of came from a breeder out in Little Rock. She drove out to Little Rock and meet Sam who breed also breed the only white JA at the show. Anyways he recognized the Akita and sent her looking for a pet shop off of Pico and Western blvd.

Well she did and meet the guy who also ID the dog. Turns out the breeder was a one year Akiho member who left the club and is cranking out liters JAs infact just had a liter. Rumor also has it from one of our club members, is that puppies that end up not being sold or have health issues get dumped.

I will give patty a ring later tonight.
  • aykayk
    edited November -1
    Thanks!

I guess I won't have to send Patty up to Boron, CA. There's a person breeding "red Akitas" and is selling their first litter up there. (Maybe started from Little Rock?) From the pics, the dogs and pups are within the range of JAs.
  • edited November -1
    I think they are all connected one way or another. It all seems to go back to this guy Sam who had a connection in Korea who in turn is friends with Shirai (Kitas daddy). What is sad, is that Minn went to this guy off of pico. She is Korean and so it he - so she started speaking to him in English and he switched to Korean. Then she switched to Korean and he tried to sell her a red Akita for $350. She said no thanks and he started yelling at her.

Sam on the other hand is very very nice and willing to help. My concern first concern was the Akita was a tweenie. From what I have heard, health concerns are the bigger issue. I am really sure that both dogs are full JAs just not sure how will they will do. Papers are not really an issue either. Chances are these dogs cannot get registered in the Akiho -but- if they have KKC papers then they can get registered JKC.

Do you have contact info to the person from Boron?
  • aykayk
    edited February 2010
    The original Pennysaver ad is down, but here's the email and phone:

mexicano_4m_la@yahoo.com
    (661) 400-9064

Patty had received initial pictures of the Boron dogs and forwarded them to me.
  • Just found this thread. A local rescue was contacted by a couple who were giving up a white Akita who looks JA. They said they got him from an Asian-American man in SoCal; it sounds like the man described in the thread above. Does anyone have more information about him? The Akita is 4 years old, very nice, healthy, but growled at the couple's toddler who was allowed to clamber all over him.
  • Linda,

Sam who used to breed these dogs up in the Little Rock area has moved on. I would say he was finally got out of it a little after this post was posted. At our Akiho show this year we had a couple walking through the show area introducing themselves to various people. They had two red's but also a white and were "breeders". They wanted to register the dogs Akiho but couldn't so they went home. I was told they were near Palmdale.
  • Thanks! It sounds like the Akita in rescue could have come from Sam--he's between 4 and 5 years old. Large for a JA, maybe--a little over 90 lbs--and has very light red splotches across his face, as well as the reddish ear tips. Not from the people who walked through the AKIHO show--this couple lives somewhere in the Bay Area and didn't have other dogs. Hope he finds a good home, no matter what he is or where he's from!